KeyDreams Charter Fishing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 barnical bill

barnical bill

Captain

• I Sponsor VBSF
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, over 30 yrs experience on Ches Bay and Offshore Va Beach, Charter Captain.
  • MY BOAT:KeyDreams, 33 Bertram twin Cummins diesel

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:49 PM

The Spring Striper season for the Lower Chesapeake Bay didn’t develop again this year.  The weather was not too friendly for us this month but when we did get out looking for them we found the Striper bite to be void again this Spring.  Most of the Striper caught this Spring were up the major rivers and North near the Virginia/Maryland state line where the menhaden a major food source for the Striper can avoid the menhaden fishery or around the Virginia’s Eastern Shore as they run in the shallow surf coastline to migrate north on the ocean side.

The Flounder bite is starting up, but it also seems to be getting a slow start again this year, There is a notable absence of menhaden in the Lower Chesapeake Bay as we have rarely seen any this month.  The few days we found even small schools of menhaden we found flounder.  The better Flounder bites so far this month seem to have been in the rivers, harbors and shallow sounds as they are up there making more Flounder babies for us to catch in the future.  They should be cruising back out to the big water of the Chesapeake Bay again any day now as the open water warms.

05-24-16 KeyDreams 4986.JPG

05-24-16 KeyDreams 4987.JPG

05-26-16 KeyDreams 4994.JPG

05-26-16 KeyDreams 4996.JPG

Click on the Striper for my Charter Website.

http://www.keydreamscharterboatservice.com/

Click Here -> For KeyDreams Fishing Reports on VBSF

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: KeyDreams Charter Fishing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

TOP RATED CHARTER BOATS

long time comn banner  
  c-e-banner charter_Banner_tango  
  c-e-banner c-e-banner