parkerguy2110

Angler

• Visitor ~ NOT A SUBSCRIBER YET?
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • MY BOAT:parker 2110

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:33 PM

go with a parker

I second that reccomendation, I have owned boats such as sea pros, seaswirls, and ridden on many others. You can definitely get a used parker, grady, albemarle for a reasonable price. Even if the hull is a little older, it should still be better than even a brand new sea fox. Alot of peaple get freaked out by wood construction in these boats and many of the low to mid quality boat manufacturers brag about a NO WOOD construction. No wood construction is fine as long as its done right, Albemarle, Grady, Parker, Carolina Classic all use wood in their hull construction and these brands are revered as higher quality boats. My 2005 sea pro 206 looked great and overall was not a bad boat. It just wasn't constructed for the sometimes harsh conditions of the bay. With my experience in the bay the average chop is normally between 1-3 feet, so I made a point to purchase my boat with that in mind, as well and many other factors. The ride difference between my parker and my sea pro is not even in the same ball park.The overall fit and finish of the two is also not comparable. Im not saying sea fox boats are bad and i'm not here to bash them, i've seen many people have very good luck with them,I just don't believe that boats in the quality range of sea fox, sea pro, etc, are built to withstand what most of us in the lower bay put boats through. Just do some research and figure out what is important to you in your boat.

Good luck.

#13 Captain Jackson

Captain Jackson

Angler

• Visitor ~ NOT A SUBSCRIBER YET?
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Fishing and Family Leisure
  • MY BOAT:2007 21.6 Seafox

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:52 PM

If you read the posts carefully the people who actually own a Sea Fox seem to love them. It's the people who don't own them that continually slam them. I bought a Sea Fox 216 Cuddy with a 150 Suzuki Motor in 2007 for $25,000 at a boat show. I have owned 5 different boats through the years and couldn't be happier with this purchase. Sure, I paid $20,000 to $50,000 less than than I would have for the same size Grady White or Albemarle but I have driven those boats on the water and towed those boats on land and the most noticeable difference is the towing weight and safety on the highway. Because of the fiberglass construction and the weight the Sea Fox wins out easily. This means you don't have to buy the $70,000 truck to tow it. In the water the Sea Fox 216 handles easily. It has a sharp turning radius, it idles easily around the boat slips and again because of it's weight burns a lot less gas than the Grady or Albemarles etc.  I live in NC and use it on lakes for recreation ,the sound for fishing for Red Drum, Speckled trout and flounder etc. In the ocean for Spanish, King, Cobia etc. (I don't advise anyone to go off shore very far without another accompanying boat regardless of the name or length of the boat unless it is 26 ft or more with dual motors but you can't easily tow those boats now can you). I haven't had one problem with the boat in 10 years. I take it in for maintenance once every two years. No cracks, no leaks, electronics still all work and I keep it stored on a trailer in my back yard so no slip fees. Top end around 45 with two fisherman. The only problem I have found with the design is dropping the bow anchor can be a little awkward because of the anchor compartment door. For 21'6 the boat is cushy for the family and rugged for the fishermen. Do yourself a favor and give one a test run. If you do purchase a Sea Fox take the $75,000 over all cost you'll save and send your kids to college.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

TOP RATED CHARTER BOATS

long time comn banner  
  c-e-banner charter_Banner_tango  
  c-e-banner c-e-banner