9 replies to this topic

#1 Nick30

Nick30

Angler

• Visitor ~ NOT A SUBSCRIBER YET?
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:32 PM

Hey folks, new to the forum but have lived in Virginia Beach my entire life. I normally go to the pier on 15th street to fish, but I'm kind of growing bored of pier fishing because I go there to relax, but any time you get a nibble 20 people surround you. I'm fine with that most of the time, but sometimes you just want to sit there and relax ya know?

Are you allowed to fish along the rocks at Rudee Inlet? or are there any beaches or bulkheads you can fish off of? The reason I'm asking is I'm afraid of getting fined or fishing somewhere I'm not supposed to.

I'll appreciate any help ya'll can give. Trying to get back into fishing as I kinda gave it up for a few years to focus on college, but I've got a lot of free time now so I'd like to get back into it :)

#2 RickyF

RickyF

Captain

• PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Scuba Diving & Spear Fishing
  • MY BOAT:"Bottom Time" 26 SeaFox

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:39 PM

Lynhaven Inlet, Sandbridge pier is usually not as crowded, or Cape Henry Beach area?? Rudee Inlet is a madhouse!
In God We Trust....Everyone else is questionable!!

#3 Nick30

Nick30

Angler

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:51 PM

Lynhaven Inlet, Sandbridge pier is usually not as crowded, or Cape Henry Beach area?? Rudee Inlet is a madhouse!

Where exactly can you fish at the Lynhaven inlet?(like where would I park, etc) Thanks for the tips, appreciate it.

#4 Nick30

Nick30

Angler

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:39 PM

Also: Has anyone been fishing at First Landing State Park? Thinking about going there but not sure of the rules/etc.

#5 bsrehrig

bsrehrig

Angler

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • MY BOAT:"Aluminator" 14' Mirrocraft w/ 9.9 Mariner

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

Very true that rudee is a madhouse, but if you get there early, like 530am there is parking available and free until 1000. After that is when all of the tourists and bottom fishermen show up, and it gets CRAZY. I've been fishing there for the past 2 years and have caught my fair share of flounder, puppy drum and trout right off of the rocks and railing. If you don't mind a little company, the fish are there and easy to catch. Good luck wherever you go.

See you on the water,

Brad

#6 kdfarmer

kdfarmer

Captain

• GOLD - I Support VBSF
  • 1,874 posts
  • MY BOAT:Miss Fortune, 2003 21'CC Seafox

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:48 AM

If you fish at Lynnhaven, on the North side of the bridge follow the boat ramp sign for Crab Creek at the stoplight. There is paid parking there close in. Only a couple of bucks, I think (I normally have a boat and pay the ramp fee). They have an annual pass for the ramp- don't know if the parking area is the same or not. First Landing has some good water- the problem I see there is the only public parking (for those not camping) is around the store/pavillion so you are in competition with the beachgoers unless you want to hike your gear a good way to get more room. Even at that, it can be pretty quiet at times. They also have entrance fees/annual pass there.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I am not sure
that what you heard is what I meant!

#7 novafisherman703

novafisherman703

Master Angler

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:24 PM

Very true that rudee is a madhouse, but if you get there early, like 530am there is parking available and free until 1000. After that is when all of the tourists and bottom fishermen show up, and it gets CRAZY. I've been fishing there for the past 2 years and have caught my fair share of flounder, puppy drum and trout right off of the rocks and railing. If you don't mind a little company, the fish are there and easy to catch. Good luck wherever you go.

See you on the water,

Brad

What has worked for you at Rudee?

#8 bsrehrig

bsrehrig

Angler

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • MY BOAT:"Aluminator" 14' Mirrocraft w/ 9.9 Mariner

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:50 PM

What has worked for you at Rudee?

I mainly use gulp on a 1/4 oz jighead. mullet, jerk shad, pogy, eel, shrimp, it doesn't matter. Size and color isn't that big of a deal either. Can get expensive though. If i want to save money i will throw in a minnow trap and put gudgeons on the jig. See you out there.

Brad

#9 novafisherman703

novafisherman703

Master Angler

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:10 PM

I mainly use gulp on a 1/4 oz jighead. mullet, jerk shad, pogy, eel, shrimp, it doesn't matter. Size and color isn't that big of a deal either. Can get expensive though. If i want to save money i will throw in a minnow trap and put gudgeons on the jig. See you out there.

Brad

Well that sounds right up my ally. How soon will the fishing really kick back in there?

#10 Andrew K

Andrew K

Carolina Cast Pro - Pro Staffer

• VBSF-HookedUp - I Support VBSF
  • 2,973 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, building Fishing Rods, and Fishing. I work at and build fishing rods for the Rod Father Bait and Tackle shop in Hampton, VA. I am also on the pro staff for Carolina Cast Pro and Guides Secret Lures
  • MY BOAT:i stand on the sand

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:06 PM

was down riding my bike on the board walk last night, they have have the rail/rocks closed off for construction. not the whole rail, just the end closest to the jetty. also looked like they were dredging the channel past the end of the jetty. hopefully that wont hurt the fishing.
Posted Image
"When you go swimming at the beach, you're entering the food chain and you're no longer on top"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

TOP RATED CHARTER BOATS