#1 Reel Release

Reel Release

Captain

• GOLD - I Support VBSF
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Hunting & Offshore Fishing
  • MY BOAT:Reel Release 26' Regulator

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:48 AM

Trolled the 645-670 with the rest of the fleet all day, not one knock down. From what I heard it was the same for alot of us. Most of the hook-ups were on jigs or tuna sticks, which I was set up for neither. Mr. BFT eludes me again!

Erick
There's no place like Blue Water!

#2 Tony S

Tony S

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts
  • Interests:Saltwater Fishing, Freshwater Fly Fishing, Horses, Farm and Ranch!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

Posted Image

Craig Irwin got into them .... first cast 144 lb Bluefin Tuna! Went 2 for 8 on bluefin yesterday at the Point. All but one came on topwater plugs.

Congratulations!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Shared Google Revenue Per Click!

#3 Reel Release

Reel Release

Captain

• GOLD - I Support VBSF
  • 285 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

Posted Image

Craig Irwin got into them .... first cast 144 lb Bluefin Tuna! Went 2 for 8 on bluefin yesterday at the Point. All but one came on topwater plugs.

Congratulations!

Correction, and top water plugs. Nice Work! Was that his rig, or somebody elses he was fishing on? We went by them and they had, what I thought, was camera on a boom, filming. I thought it was the Spanish fly or George Poveromo, then I said no, wrong kind of boat. It look like a thirty something foot Yellowfin.

Erick

#4 Tony S

Tony S

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

Heard there's been a pretty good dolphin bite further south .... friends in Hatteras are catching some nice gaffers. Things are picking up. Should have some reports from Rom soon .... he's back from Mexico. He caught 187 sails in 17days!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Reel Release

Reel Release

Captain

• GOLD - I Support VBSF
  • 285 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

Heard there's been a pretty good dolphin bite further south .... friends in Hatteras are catching some nice gaffers. Things are picking up. Should have some reports from Rom soon .... he's back from Mexico. He caught 187 sails in 17days!

Nice!

#6 Voodoo

Voodoo

Captain

• I Sponsor VBSF
  • 2,319 posts
  • Interests:Family, cancer groups (since I am a survivor), surfing, golfing not much anymore, And of course fishing fishing and more fishing.
  • MY BOAT:21 Sailfish CC.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

Tony we just got back from OI and did OK but there is some nice gaffer dolphin around the 530 lines. There is a nice weed line on the temp break and the dolphin are there.
VooDoo
VBSF COMERCIAL SUBCRIBER - Tackle Manufacturer
Posted Image
Mark Carstens - Owner
VooDoo Tackle
Ph. 757-630-1204
Email voodootackle@gmail.com
web www.shop.voodootackleonline.com

#7 Tony S

Tony S

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

Mahi in March! Things are moving fast!
I'll take another winter like this next year!
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 cirwin

cirwin

Captain

• Visitor ~ NOT A SUBSCRIBER YET?
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • MY BOAT:29' Hydra-Sports CC

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

Correction, and top water plugs. Nice Work! Was that his rig, or somebody elses he was fishing on? We went by them and they had, what I thought, was camera on a boom, filming. I thought it was the Spanish fly or George Poveromo, then I said no, wrong kind of boat. It look like a thirty something foot Yellowfin.

Erick

It was on a friend's 32 Yellowfin. We were not the camera boat as there was an identical white Yellowfin from Ocean Isle, NC filming that day...we talked to them in the morning but didn't hear how they made out.
As Tony said, we had a good day on the topwater bite. Landed right on school of two tones near the Point and had four bites immediately on plugs. Some of the fish were huge and was no way to stop them, and couldn't chase as we had multiple fish hooked up. We landed two when the smoked cleared. Later on I hooked two more huge fish in smaller porpoise schools but couldn't do anything with them but watch my line disappear even with a Stella 20000. We lost two other bft on the jig throughout the day as well. It was a great day, learned a lot and now have a lot of respect for people who fish this way, takes a lot of skill but it's a blast. The captain actually landed his 150 lb bluefin in 8 minutes...crazy!

Craig

#9 kdfarmer

kdfarmer

Captain

• GOLD - I Support VBSF
  • 1,888 posts
  • MY BOAT:Miss Fortune, 2003 21'CC Seafox

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

Nice comments, Craig! I look forward to a blow by blow the next time I get to the beach- I'll have to buy you a beer or two to keep your mouth from getting dry while you make me envy your adventures! Congrats!
I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I am not sure
that what you heard is what I meant!

#10 Reel Release

Reel Release

Captain

• GOLD - I Support VBSF
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

It was on a friend's 32 Yellowfin. We were not the camera boat as there was an identical white Yellowfin from Ocean Isle, NC filming that day...we talked to them in the morning but didn't hear how they made out.
As Tony said, we had a good day on the topwater bite. Landed right on school of two tones near the Point and had four bites immediately on plugs. Some of the fish were huge and was no way to stop them, and couldn't chase as we had multiple fish hooked up. We landed two when the smoked cleared. Later on I hooked two more huge fish in smaller porpoise schools but couldn't do anything with them but watch my line disappear even with a Stella 20000. We lost two other bft on the jig throughout the day as well. It was a great day, learned a lot and now have a lot of respect for people who fish this way, takes a lot of skill but it's a blast. The captain actually landed his 150 lb bluefin in 8 minutes...crazy!

Craig

That Stella-Trivala combo is sick. A buddy of mine was out one day watching a boat get'em in quicker than they could on Tiagra's.
Nice Work!

Erick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

TOP RATED CHARTER BOATS

Afishinado Fishing Charters Banner