#1 Brian Knight

Brian Knight

Angler

• Visitor ~ NOT A SUBSCRIBER YET?
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • MY BOAT:USS IDONTHAVEONE

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

I've recently started fishing the banks at West Neck Marina and the best I've pulled in a 2 lb Bass and 4 lb cat. Has anyone fished the bank there had much more luck?

I most fish for cat and I'm thinking the immediate area where I can access without a boat is not very productive for big cats.

#2 calliesdaddy

calliesdaddy

Angler

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

I was just there the other day on saturday morning and i pulled out 1 5ib bass and and 3 other bass aroud 2 pounds each and 4 really nice crappies which are fileted up and in the freezer.

#3 Brian Knight

Brian Knight

Angler

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

I've been thinking about rent a jon boat from there and heading out to see if I can land something bigger. Catching the lil is fun but catching a hawg is better. :smilie_daumenpos:

#4 Marlin Maniac

Marlin Maniac

Captain

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • MY BOAT:19' Pro-Line Center Console

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

A strong north wind blows the water right out of that creek. Next time it blows hard, go down there and check it out. You'll get a good look at a lot of the bottom and some of the structure because it'll be high and dry. That'll help you concentrate in the deeper areas that are more productive. Good luck!
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa

#5 Brian Knight

Brian Knight

Angler

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

The strong winds had really drove a lot of the water out of West Neck last night but it was a pretty good night of fishing. I caught a citation Bowfin 10.5 lbs and 31 inches, 6.5 lb cat. In addition, to them a mix bag of other fish. Bass, 3-4 more bowfin, crappie, and small cats. Guess the depth of the water didn't matter last night. :action-smiley-033:

#6 calliesdaddy

calliesdaddy

Angler

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

brian water levels were up and the fishing was great last night i left the bank last night with giant bluegills and shellcrackers, i also seen some really nice catfish caught last night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

TOP RATED CHARTER BOATS

Afishinado Fishing Charters Banner