6 replies to this topic

#1 fishinmuch

fishinmuch

Angler

• Visitor ~ NOT A SUBSCRIBER YET?
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 05:47 PM

Fished lake bradford today during mid-day. i caught a 2 lbs bass and my buddy caught a chain pick. We were trying for crappie using small shiners. If anyone has any info on the lake i would love to here it.

#2 stripezone

stripezone

Captain

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Interests:fishing, fishing, um fishing, oh yea and i almost forgot i like to catch fish to!!
  • MY BOAT:2010 23' Parker

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:22 PM

Where is Lake Bradford? I am a big Saltwater fisherman but also love to catch freshwater fish. How big are the bass usually and are there cats? Sorry for all the ?'s. animal-smiley-077.gif
StripeZone

#3 fishinmuch

fishinmuch

Angler

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:09 AM

ITS THE LAKE ON LITTLE CREEK AMPHIB BASE. IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE BASE THERE IS REALLY GOOD BASS FISHING FROM A BOAT.

#4 PJV52284

PJV52284

Angler

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • MY BOAT:11.5 foot jon boat

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (fishinmuch @ Feb 23 2007, 05:47 PM)
Fished lake bradford today during mid-day. i caught a 2 lbs bass and my buddy caught a chain pick. We were trying for crappie using small shiners. If anyone has any info on the lake i would love to here it.

Ive had good luck on lake bradford just using the old fashioned worm n bobber, the past month on warm days i have been fishing off my friends dock, caught LOTS of crappie, anywhere from 1-4 pounds, some cat fish, pirch, and those darm turtles which i cant stand, BUT i have yet to catch a bass outta there. Yesterday someone gave me a 12ft jon boat, so tomorrow i plan on going all over the lake and seeing what i come up with. im from up north and still new to the fishing down here, so any info would be greatly appricated

#5 Marlin Maniac

Marlin Maniac

Captain

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,485 posts
  • MY BOAT:19' Pro-Line Center Console

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:44 AM

I lived on that base for a year when I was a kid. There used to be a Boy Scout camp on an island in the center of the lake. The bridge going to the island was an excellent spot for bass and crappie. They would lay in wait on the down current side of the bridge, and ambush bait as it was pushed through the gap. I used live shiners and nightcrawlers most of the time, but crankbaits/shad imitations used to do well. And there are some big cats and carp in there as well. Good luck.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa

#6 Marrdro

Marrdro

Captain

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing and all Minnesota sports teams.
  • MY BOAT:Angler - 20' C/C

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:23 PM

Ive had good luck on lake bradford just using the old fashioned worm n bobber, the past month on warm days i have been fishing off my friends dock, caught LOTS of crappie, anywhere from 1-4 pounds, some cat fish, pirch, and those darm turtles which i cant stand, BUT i have yet to catch a bass outta there. Yesterday someone gave me a 12ft jon boat, so tomorrow i plan on going all over the lake and seeing what i come up with. im from up north and still new to the fishing down here, so any info would be greatly appricated

Welcome to the site. action-smiley-033.gif
Marrdro
"Go Vikes"

#7 surfva833

surfva833

Captain

• PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:31 AM

same here went right before the storm hit over the weekend, my buddy got his kayak finally, so we took his kids out and using med shiners he caught i'd say a 16" chainy and i had a good 2 lb. crappie up to my yak when he/she laughed at me and spit the hook out! i almost dived in. tried pleasure house lake yesterday and a big ol' skunk was in our favor. i've been fishing bradford for about 10 yrs. and largest bass was 8 lbs. off a bomber 4a crankbait. yak1.jpg if anyone sees a red yak followed by a tan one thats me and my buddy.
PIRATE OF LYNNHAVEN
Confucius said: "He who fish good eat good"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

TOP RATED CHARTER BOATS

Afishinado Fishing Charters Banner