Virginia Beach Fishing

SPONSORS

Long Bay Pointe

Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Does anyone know of any websites you can view to show you fishing spots off Va Beach and OBX. We are planing our first ofshore fishing trip and was hoping to find som more info exactly were different sites are. My chart plotter does not show the Hot Dog or the Cigar. Any info would be appreciated.

NOAA has some printable charts available, but I'd get a Capt Seagulls Chart. I know that Long Bay Pointe Bait and Tackle has them, or any tackle shop. They are probably the best around and cover from NJ to Cape Hatteras and they list all the hot fishing spots.

What kind of chart plotter do you have? You might want to get a map upgrade chip. I have a Navionics chip in my Lowrance. You still wont have places like the cigar and hot dog labled, but you can see the contour of the bottom and make it out.

Any how, it is still almost manditory to have a capt sea gull chart onboard also. In fact it is great to have one on the boat, at work, and at home.

Guest Fish Dad
NOAA has some printable charts available, but I'd get a Capt Seagulls Chart.  I know that Long Bay Pointe Bait and Tackle has them, or any tackle shop.  They are probably the best around and cover from NJ to Cape Hatteras and they list all the hot fishing spots.

Agree, Capt Seagulls are the way to go. They do show the hotspot and use the same terms as most of the anglers use. Here is a picture of my charts off VB.

Fingers1.jpg