Long Bay Pointe

Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Sign in to follow this  
Colt

G&H, Fatbeard and Colt...definitely a Blue Marlin day.

Picked a friend of mine (Chuck) up in E-City and headed to OI, met up with Phil (G&H Lures) and Jeff (Fatbeard). Departed OI on Phil's boat "Citation" at 0500. Got to the tuna hole with lines in at 0630. Two quick knock down...both skipjacks. Troll a little longer to the east looking for some bluewater, got a couple more skips and one BlackFT. Head south to the point and find the bluewater and temps around 78. Get some knock downs more skips and one YFT. Troll to the west of the point and Mr. Blue Marlin hits a rod, hand it to Chuck and poof it's gone...look back and see him headed for another bait...Fatbeard and I dropping lines back and clearing lines that he has aready hit. I hand Jeff a rod I thought was cleaned out and start bringing the shoot gun in to feed to him...the marlin not Fatbeard...in the meantime Jeff gets him to come tight once and for all. I get harnessed up and 25 minutes later Phil has the bill in his hands. I come out of the harness, revive him, get some video and send him on his way.

Thanks to Phil, Jeff and Chuck for helping me get my first Blue...awesome teamwork.

Videos of the fish and creeking to follow...if it turns out...they were filmed with a phone. Where are Don or Andrew when you need them?

Way to go guys that is some nice teamwork right there. Congrats Colt.

Hell yea, that's what I like to see...great team work...Good team and congrats to Colt for his first Blue......Bob

Welcome to the PMF Club !!!!

Don can we start a members only forum......

Great day with a great crew on a great boat..over all it was GREAT!!!!

AWESOME!!! Way to go fellas!

It was Colts day, glad I was able to be part of it. Awesome fish! I need to get a cheap video camera for the boat for these moments.

Phil

Sweet! That's how it should go. Congrats to the team and to Colt!

Dave