Long Bay Pointe

Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

kdfarmer

Bulk bait sources...

Like everyone else, I am waiting for something to turn on again but in the meantime am working on a couple of 'punch list' items. I use so much tube squid or large whole squid during the year, I am looking for a source so I can purchase by the case. Any suggestions on this?

Thanks, Kevin

Kevin, if you find any let me know. I am in the same boat!

I know Long Bay stocks big squids. Call them and see if they'll work with you on an order.

That is likely what I will have to do- I have been scouring the internet for a source but it has been slim picken's finding one that will ship and has an english speaking employee. And lots with a 10- ton minimum. I have one or two numbers more to try yet. I just thought it would be an easy thing to do and I could save a few bucks. I have the freezer space since I didn't exactly slaughter the rockfish this season and my late august trip to NC to stock up on flounder didn't work out as well as normal. I figure a 25lb box would go a long way toward my season.

Long Bay Pointe Bait And Tackle will sell you both tube squid or the big trolling squid by the case. They have both in stock.

Thanks! I like to do business over there when I can, they're good folks. I knew there had to be a local source, now just have to check the price but it has to beat buying them a handfull at a time!

I buy unfrozen squid at the local seafood market. It's cheaper than by the box but I'm sure by the case would be less.

Thanks! I like to do business over there when I can, they're good folks. I knew there had to be a local source, now just have to check the price but it has to beat buying them a handfull at a time!

Ah, Kevin, glad you think well of those people over at Long Bay Pointe! CaptStv is Captain Steve, co-owner of Long Bay Pointe Bait and Tackle, Captain of the Ocean Pearl and the guy that keeps the lights on here at VBSF! Just thought you might want to know!

Well, George- its good to know, but I ain't changin' my 'pinion- the power company is poison but them's still good people! I didn't know all that but they might not know my name but will surely recognize my handsome mug!

Hey Kevin, Google up giant squid in Califonia! They have envaded the beaches of Cali. by the hundreds 20-60 lbs each. A couple of these should take care of your needs. :thumbsup: