Virginia Beach Fishing

You can support VBSF.net by becoming a GOLD SUPPORTER Today!

So we set out Sunday on Reel Recless with Butch and Tammy.... Started trooling for Spanish at 6am, and it was a little slow, but we did manage 1 nice size 19, and 2 small blues. No one told the weather man that he was completly WRONG about his wind/tide report! We decided to try our hand at some flatties, and headed to the 3/4. We noticed that everyone was hiding on the ocean side of the islands because the swells SUCKED!!!!! After being tossed around like ragdolls, we decided to be like everyone else and hide as well. The question here is..... Is there a citation for trigger fish???? We called over the 68, and was told 5lbs... Anyway, Karen got a bite, and then thought she was hung up... after a few good tuggs, she got the beast out of the rocks and low and behold the biggest trigger I have ever seen! We had a good time catching a couple triggers, bunch of skates and even a shark, but decided to head into Long Bay Point to weigh this monster! They proceded to tell us that there was no citation for Trigger, but that it was the biggest one they can remember seeing! Anyway, GREAT day on the water with Great friends, and all in all a sunburn to remember it by for a few days! lol

SO IS THERE A CITATION FOR TRIGGER???? I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ONE ONLINE.....

post-22801-12783385921_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

VBSF.net | Fishing Reports From Virginia Beach VA To Hatteras NC 

VMRC 2010 regulations list a 4 pound citation for grey triggerfish. Here's the link to their PDF rules you can download and/or print:

http://www.mrc.state.va.us/vswft/2010/53rdAnnual_VSWFT_brochure.pdf

Congrats Cody and Karen! That thing is a beast. What did it weigh?

It was a little more than 4.62lbs..... But Long Bay Point wouldn't write a citation! Do you know who I can submit it to?

Emailed Marina Girl ..... will find out why?

Emailed Marina Girl ..... will find out why?

I called the Marina last night, and they said that it should have been! The lady that told us there was no citation for trigger was the Marina Manager.... I was shocked, but they did say that if she could remember seeing the fish and the weight that they would certify it....My thinking is that we got screwed, and that we won't get the citation. No citations for triggers have been caught this year...... would suck that if only one was caught, to not have it be recognized!

I would always check with the person working inside the LBPBT shop. They have a complete list. They want to document as many citations as they can.

Hopefully you can still get your paper! Congratulations on the nice trigger!

I would always check with the person working inside the LBPBT shop. They have a complete list. They want to document as many citations as they can.

Hopefully you can still get your paper! Congratulations on the nice trigger!

She went inside and checked, but who knows.... Thanks Tony!

If it was marina girl she will take care of you. She is a good fishing person in her own right and will take care of any misunderstanding. Give her a call and see what she can do for you but I would head down there to get it straight.

VooDoo

Nice damn Trigger Cody...congrats!

Hey Coddy55, come back down here and let's get this thing written up. It was one heck of a fish and we did look on the card to see if it was citation material and did not see it listed. I even asked Connie so it was a big (HUGE) blunder on our part and we will rectify it. I have never seen a trigger that big and thought it definitely deserved SOME NOTORIETY. I sincerely apologize for this mistake and as I said we will fix it.