Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Sign in to follow this  
Salt Shaker

I am considering a Happy Troller

If you have one I would like your opinion about a Happy Troller

I realize how well it will slow me down on the troll but my concern is how doses it effects the the trim at running speeds or wide open when in the up position???

I am tried of bumping in and out of gear when i do not have a drift or slow trolling.

I appreciate your comments!!!! Also,please let me know what type of boat and motor you have. I will be putting it on a 22 deep V with a 200 HP Yamaha

SALT SHAKER

Happy's The Happy Troller

EB01-6202700_xl.jpg

Never heard of it, but I did find some reviews for you. The one thing I saw was drilling holes into your outdrive. If you don't like it, you are stuck with them. I do not like drilling holes in the boat. It took me a week to talk myself into drilling the hole for the bilge pump in my old Maycraft.

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0000918010961a.shtml

http://reviews.basspro.com/2010/16089/reviews.htm

Good Luck!

Being the tightwad I am, I always relied on the old fashioned bucket brake. You know where you cut holes low on the outside of the bucket and run it off a short rope. With some experimenting with the size of the holes, they can be very effective. I have run singles on my boat and doubles on bigger boats. Now they can get in the way when bringing in fish so it isn't a good idea if you are by yourself and don't have help to clear them if need be.

Never heard of it, but I did find some reviews for you. The one thing I saw was drilling holes into your outdrive. If you don't like it, you are stuck with them. I do not like drilling holes in the boat. It took me a week to talk myself into drilling the hole for the bilge pump in my old Maycraft.

http://www.cabelas.c...18010961a.shtml

I am with you. not too thrilled to drill holes in my motor.

Thanks for the replies and ideas

Think I am going to try sea anchors first.

David

Saltshaker

I run one of these and at full throttle my ride is smoother on my 90 hp than it is without it it works awesome easy to install and use hope this helps

I'm with Cheryl on this one. Holes in the boat could lead to soggy Fritos. That's a bad, bad thing. Holes in the lower unit could lead to contaminated gear oil and a frozen shaft, and that's an even WORSE thing!