Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Sign in to follow this  
John C Fish

Gulp Alive

Was wondering peoples experiences with the gulp alive spray such as this...

BK_Gulp_Alive_Spray.jpg

There are a bunch of flavors and I'm curious which if any you all use. One friend of mine swears by the minnow but a gent at a tackle shop said the herring was much better. But I can see there are flavors like shrimp, crawfish, squid menhaden, nightcrawler bla bla bla. Just looking for general experience using this product.

I haven't tried it yet John but it is a matter of time. Since Gulp! Alive containers always seem to turn over and leak the 'juice' out, I am sure I will have to buy something to replace it. Speaking of the problem with Gulp! containers, I picked up a couple of Plano sized boxes from Greentop at a local fishing show last winter. They are designed for Gulp products and have a rubber seal around each of the 6 or so compartments. They are like the deeper boxes so would hold a pint or so in the bigger sections. I designed a tackle center that holds 7 plano boxes so have a secure spot to keep them from turning over. They would be great for the beach as well. I have high hopes as long as they don't get brittle and crack too soon.

Let us know if you try it out what you think!

Kevin

never used the spray but my room mate does. the thing to keep in mind is you want to "match the hatch" with the flavor you decide to get. for example, dont be spraying your baits or lures with the crawfish scent if your fishing on the beach...make sense? also not sure about the herring flavor, dont see many of them down here, now up in MD that may be a different story.

my room mate using his spray when fishing the beach during the summer, especially after you put on bug spray or sunscreen, basically to hide the smell of the human stuff....