Virginia Beach Fishing

You can support VBSF.net by becoming a GOLD SUPPORTER Today!

Sign in to follow this  
Tony S

Cast 300 yards!

http://www.delmarvanow.com/VideoNetwork/1049435830001/Surf-Fishing-Bait-Launcher

Surf Fishing Bait Launcher

Owner and inventor of the Shore Shot Bait Launcher, shows how this pressurized machine can cast bait from the surf into the ocean up to 300 yards to catch bigger sharks than ever.

VBSF.net | Fishing Reports From Virginia Beach VA To Hatteras NC 

looks like the potato gun my dad made....just more high tech. cool

we used pvc, a grill igniter & aerosol hairspray....hahaha

300 yards???? imagine what that would do to your bait!!!!!!!!!!

300 yards???? imagine what that would do to your bait!!!!!!!!!!

It's frozen solid in the shape of a bullet. I knew this one would drive you crazy Andrew!

ok now that i watched the video........all i can say is wow. the idea/concept is great. i do like that. but this guy.......

first and for most if you find a good hole/trough you do not need to cast past the outer bar. :costumed-smiley-089:

second, the fresh bait of choice up on AI is bunker, but it has to be fresh. has anyone else froze bunker and tried to thaw it out and use it for bait? its mush... :laughing-smiley-002:

my favorite is he never caught anything over 20lbs casting........................................really? the sharks we average up on AI from CASTING are 60-90lbs. :jumping-smiley-024: my buddy dave up there averages 8ft i think on sharks, he got two 9.5 footers last year, from casting. i caught a monster cobia in the surf last year, best of all, it was in the trough, maybe 40yards out...from casting.....

Tony - please dont think i am bashing your video, i am not!!!!

It's not my vid! ..... I posted it because I knew it would mess with your head! laugh.gif

actually funny enough, i set up next to a guy that was using a potato gun last year in ocean city. he was launching his bottom rigs out about 80-90 yards. fortunately for me it was a calm night....i asked him why and he said it was the only way to get it out there to catch fish. i told him he needed to invest in bigger rods to cast further and proceeded to argue with me that i couldn't cast that far, even with "my fancy surf equipment". he had nothing else to say when i launched a spot head and 6oz about 60 yards past where his landed.....i also didn't see him the rest of the week....maybe it was the same guy???? :laughing-smiley-002:

If it was him ..... he went back to the drawing board! What are you going to do now!

even if he can launch a frozen bullet of bunker out, id put money i still out fish him :)