Virginia Beach Fishing

SPONSORS

Long Bay Pointe

Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Caught another new fish to me. I guess these winds are pushing in some offshore species. This one again had a tuna shape, his dorsal fin was normal but was really sharp, kinda hard to handle. The fishes color i think will be the key to someone, the top half of the fish was dark/olive green and the bottom was mustard yellow. Also he did have some small teeth, and was only 9 inches long. Any ideas?

pictures???

Caught another new fish to me. I guess these winds are pushing in some offshore species. This one again had a tuna shape, his dorsal fin was normal but was really sharp, kinda hard to handle. The fishes color i think will be the key to someone, the top half of the fish was dark/olive green and the bottom was mustard yellow. Also he did have some small teeth, and was only 9 inches long. Any ideas?

Dog-toothed carp

Olive and mustard? Sounds like you caught someone's lunch.

I do have pics Andrew, hundreds actually on my digital camera, but I suck at posting them. My girl put my icon photo on here, lol. Was hoping the description would catch someones imagination, the colors were rare to me as they were olive and mustard, actually the colors did resemble mahi mahi, but the shape was like a tunas. I dont know, I went through all the fish id sites i know and couldnt find it, must be a juvenile something. I did catch it on the same spot I caught that albaco jack, which was the source of FISH ID 1.

Not sure how to post a link, but google Jack Crevalle. I think that is what you may have caught. I have caught a few small (3"-4") in the cast net lately.

Hank

fish09_30.jpg

this it?

Yeah thats it Dudefoy! What species is that?

Its called a blue runner, or as i know it, a hardtail. I catch them constantly in the gulf of mexico. Ive never seen one in VA though, thats very interesting.