Virginia Beach Fishing

You can support VBSF.net by becoming a GOLD SUPPORTER Today!

I have a twenty foot sea hunt center console with no t-top is there a way to setup a removeable crowsnest or tower? or should I just try straping on a latter?

VBSF.net | Fishing Reports From Virginia Beach VA To Hatteras NC 

Go talk to Mike at S&S Marine (588-1950).These guys do quality custom work that will work for your boat. One thing to consider is the lenght and beam of your boat. The shorter the more narrow the boat will be more affected by a higher center of gravity.

Todd

Go talk to Mike at S&S Marine (588-1950).These guys do quality custom work that will work for your boat. One thing to consider is the lenght and beam of your boat. The shorter the more narrow the boat will be more affected by a higher center of gravity.

Todd

Dude I use an 8ft stepladder I snagged off craigslist and ive gottten 2 70+ fish with it this summer. toss in another 110+ cobia and you realize. getting verticle = seeing fish. my setup is really redneck but it gets the job done and ive seen atleast 300 cobia with it this summer. & im not the only one out there with a ladder. the key is to use ratchet straps to secure it. you must secure all 4 legs evenly with a lot of tension. picture a ladder with 205lbs on it rocking back & fourth over swells & chop. its what we used to get alexs 70lb 8ozer saturday.

There both great ideas, but ill probablty check out the step latter becuase im cheap. I need to get a little higher off the water trying to sight cast from the deck is just not cutting it. Thanks for the advice.

Another cheap rig is what the oyster guys use across their rails. From the port to starboard rails, a walkboard is laid down. You can put an incline on both sides up to a plateau that serves as in elevated area. This set up is cheap and very safe, its not gonna be as tall as you 8 foot ladder, where your feet would be about 6 feet off the deck but depending on you build your feet would be about 4 and half feet off the deck. This also allows you to walk side to side and basically just adjust yourself to the situation. Hope this helps.