Virginia Beach Fishing

SPONSORS

Long Bay Pointe

Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

I heard a few guys chatting about fishing the HRBT from the shore somewhere around here. They said they have been getting some stripers. This is smoke pit talk and can't vouch for the reliability. Does anyone know where I can access someplace to fish the bridge from shore? Thanks.

you should check out the pier its pretty tight

technically you can't fish the bridge legally. the property from the jetty to the bridge is private and you can get a ticket for tresspassing. i fished there several times this spring till VMRC showed up one night and informed us of the rule. VCAN (virginia coastal access now) has been fighting this with the city of Norfolk for years and its been a stale mate for some time. true most of the time there are people fishing the bridge, but if you get the one time the man with the badge wants to come down, you could get a ticket....just an fyi. stripers are showing up everywhere now too so you dont have to focus on the HRBT.

stripers are showing up everywhere now too so you dont have to focus on the HRBT.

You can get em' from the beach at say Dam Neck or Sandbridge? Anyone wanna chime in with a quick Stripers 101 lesson? I heard eel is the best bait. I have tomorrow off and am going to spend the morning fishing somewhere, be nice to get some pullage.

For some quick action, the JRB or the Colonial parkway in Williamsburg at night will put some stripers in the cooler everytime. Jig head and live bait, or 4 inch shad style artificials are the best baits Ive found.

For some quick action, the JRB or the Colonial parkway in Williamsburg at night will put some stripers in the cooler everytime. Jig head and live bait, or 4 inch shad style artificials are the best baits Ive found.

Thanks. I'll have to check them out soon. Where do I fish on Colonial Parkway?

Found this old topic, was thinking of hitting Colonial Parkway tomorrow night even though it is freezing!  Any areas better than others just in generaL?

THANKS