Virginia Beach Fishing

SPONSORS

Long Bay Pointe

Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Giant BFT just caught by friend of a friend in Cape Cod Bay. too big not to share...1500lbs, insane! long live the Giants.

tuna1.jpg

tuna2.jpg

tuna3.jpg

Thats what Im talking about, "Old Man and the Sea"

I've got an 800 lb class (released) BFT and that almost killed me. I can't imagine one twice as big. I do see that he's fishing Carolina Stand Up style. That's smart with a fish that big. What a catch and what an angler!

his buddy took the pic, a little close as he could have cut him off. yep, everyone up there uses back platted swivel rod holders with 130's on bent butt and fight them from the gunnel. He was drifting a livey all day and caught it off the ledge in Truro which is a few miles from the tip of land (Provincetown). Tuna catch of a lifetime.

Anyone know how close the BFT will get to VA waters in Dec/Jan or are they always way South in NC out of reach from Rudee's?

So if a 455 lb. BFT can be sold at auction for $500k, how much can a 1500 pounder fetch?

It isn't just about the weight. It s also about the quality of the meat and market conditions. Still, that fish would be worth alot.

Core sample of the fat content is what pushes the price per pound, along with its normal existing conditions.