Virginia Beach Fishing

You can support VBSF.net by becoming a GOLD SUPPORTER Today!

Sign in to follow this  
BJS

Assateague Island Bound

All,

Headed for A.I. this evening with my dad and being joined by my brother and three high school buddies tomorrow. Four blissful days of beer and surf fishing on the Hook - I can't wait. Having grown up in the Shenandoah Valley, it's a ton of fun to share new adventures with guys you've been hanging with for 30+ years - it'll be the first taste of fly fishing in the surf for all of them and last year's trip was the first surf fishing as a whole for two of them.

I'll likely not be able to post a report until Sunday evening late.

If you catch yourself up in A.I. this weekend and down near the Hook, I'll have a cold beverage on ice to share - likely the only guy out there with the fly rod.

Anyone interested in a little fishing over Turkey Day down at Va. Beach just let me know as I'll be down at the sister-in-law's place near the ocean front.

Cheers,

Brad

VBSF.net | Fishing Reports From Virginia Beach VA To Hatteras NC 

Had a great time up on A.I. over the weekend playing in the surf with the fly rod and the surf rod. Only managed to land some rays on the surf rod, not a bite on the fly rod. Whole weekend was slow all around fish wise - I believe the leading fish on the tournament board on Saturday was an 11# Striper. My dad landed a schoolie and a small flounder.

Maybe I'll have better luck this weekend in Croatan.

Take care,

Brad

brad thanks for the report. AI can be a good place and a tough place sometimes, but still one of my favorite beaches to fish!