Virginia Beach Fishing

You can support VBSF.net by becoming a GOLD SUPPORTER Today!

Sign in to follow this  
racedad70

Yami making oil

My 2007 Yamaha F250 last trip out increased its oil in crank case! Was told by several folks that it could be a couple things, T-stat hung open over cooling engine and fuel leaking past rings or fuel injector stuck. Never had this happen before and it only has 104 hrs. Anyhow its still under warranty and need a recommendation on a shop that has a fast turn around and good. Preferably in the Richmond area, but will take it to where ever. Butch

VBSF.net | Fishing Reports From Virginia Beach VA To Hatteras NC 

I never would let anyone but Norfolk Marine touch my Yamaha ..... they know Yamaha's and always treated me first class. Very good with warranty help .... they have been a factory rep for 1000 years!

Hey, Butch- give Cooper's Marine a call. They work on my Merc and are great but I believe they do Yami warranty work as well. If not, they can direct you to a good, local dealer. They have always gotten me in and out quickly, treated me fairly and in the event of a recurring problem, been fantastic about getting it right, basically charging only for parts if it happens to have to make a return trip. I have complete faith in their honesty and ability. I don't have the number here since my wife took my laptop out of town (god I miss it :laughing-smiley-002: ) but they are located off Lewiston rd, rt off of 95. From Richmond, 95 N to Lewiston road (same as BPS), head back west toward Rt 1 (towards GreenTop) but when you get down in the 1st bottom, turn right back into an industrial park and they will be on the right. I'm sure Google can get you the number if you want to call!

Thanks Tony & Kevin, I did call Chris over at Norfolk Marine and he to said it was more than likely T-stat hung open causing the ECM to think its still in warm up mode and over fueling thus causing flooding the cylinders and weeping into the crank case diluting the oil. I have a service manual so followed it to the T and removed stats tested. Found that port stat was stuck in the open position. I ordered a couple stats to replace myself since its not a warranty item.

I was going to take it in, but the turn around time was about two weeks...Thanks again guys.