Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Sign in to follow this  
latemp

fresh/saltwater boat?

i live in nova close to the potomac river (new to the area). i see a lot of people around here take to the river with bass boats. i personally always loved bass boats, but having lived in the tidewater area, i want something that i could also take in the bay (cbbt, kiptopeake). i've heard some people say on a really flat day you can take a bass boat out there, but i'm not so sure i would trust that. i've also heard some people say there are some bass boats with more v type hulls that might work out, but this is coming from people that dont really fish the lower bay area. any suugestions?

Look at a good size center console. You will be able to fish more area with that type of boat. There are a ton of them out there for sale so look around and do your homework.

Good LuckVooDoo

Don't do the CBBT unless you have a hull designed for bigger water. When a nuke sub comes through pushing an 8' wake and the support craft are ordering people AWAY from the shelter of the island it can get hairy. And this happens often enough to make it very real.