Long Bay Pointe

Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

1st Mate

Lure Identification

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I have posted anything. The past couple months have been hard for me, my grandfather passed away and since then his fishing tackle and boat have been handed down to me. I found a handful of old lures in his freshwater tackle box. There is one specific I need some help with. It doesn't have a name on it and I can't seem to find it on the internet. Any info would be great such as the name of the lure and what year it may be from. Thanks for any help, take care everyone :vbsf_th:

Here is the lure I need help finding information about, name of lure, and what year it may be from?...

1.png

Here is one more lure I need some help with as well...It says, Creme's Mad Dad. That's all I know about this lure. Just wondering what year it may be from?

untitled.png

Chris, those lures are in great shape. I have a box of old lures that I got when my grandfather passed away, too. Not sure where you can go to find out more info on them. Good luck!

Chris, sorry about your grandad! I don't have anything specific other than I can remember them on the market so I would say they were still in production through the late '60's and early 70's... You may have to register on one of the sites that revolves around antique tackle and post you pics there. Also I would start looking for display cases that will work for lures so you can later pass them on without succumbing to the temptation to cast them a few times and losing them! Craft shops like Ben Franklin and ACMoore carry some and almost always have 50% off coupons available at their website and often accept their competititors coupons so you don't have to spend a bunch to preserve them. If they stay in an old tackle box in the garage the moisture will eventually get them and then you have a little salt on the air to deal with there as well. Let us know what you find!

Chris

The second lure is in fact a Creme Mad Dad as you said and it was made by Nick Creme in Texas. Probably early 80's or 70's. Still looking for the first one but it will be tough with no markings. If you have any markings on that lure let me know and I will see what I can find. I would get a nice display case and put them inside and hang them up. You would to want to lose them.

VooDoo

The top one is a Heddon's Hellbender, circa 1970. Used them for trolling for largemouth bass as a kid back in the early 1970's, up in the mountain lakes in Puerto Rico. Monster freakin bass too.

Thank you all for the help, much appreciate it!

KD - Thanks for the info on the display cases, I have a handful of lures that need to go in one!