Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Sign in to follow this  
SALTY LADY

Blue Marlin!

Sorry for the late report. We've been fishing a lot. Saturday, we had a great group of guys for a bachelor party. We set lines out & had a nice yellow fin tuna hit a pink sea witch on the long rigger. The groom to be landed the 35# tuna. Shortly after that Dane yells.marlin, we scramble to the toda waiting to see wjere he went next. Green spreader first, rigged mackerel second, &I got him on the short rigger. He nearly spooled the 50the wide &I after a tremendous battle, Donald landed his first blur Marlin &did a hell of a job with it! We dropped to the bottom &I filled the fish box!

that's very exciting Cheryl...can't wait to get back out there....soon.,.Bob

Nice read, Cheryl! I was wondering when you would post after I saw the blue listed on the citation report from LPBT and also wondered if you were the mate. congrats!

Thanks Guys, I wish I could take credit for the marlin, but Dane was all over that fish. I just turned my back & walked to the cabin for sunscreen & wouldn't you know...blue marlin! Capt. Steve did an awesome job with the boat, we were nearly spooled when he took off & chased that beast down! What a great way to start the offshore season!

just for the record, I typed that while running out yesterday on my smart phone. sorry for the typos, but I think everyone got the message!