Virginia Beach Fishing

SPONSORS

Long Bay Pointe

Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Spanish Mackerel fishing continues to be very good with quality size perfect for the grill ! Book your light tackle fun today.

Capt Todd

729896672_2604540875_0.jpg

Hey Captain Todd,

I love that you use light tackle, I try to do this as well for all my bay fishing. For Spanish macs do you use in-line or planers? I find it difficult to use light tackle when trolling for these guys!? Any tips would be appreciated.

Hey Captain Todd,

I love that you use light tackle, I try to do this as well for all my bay fishing. For Spanish macs do you use in-line or planers? I find it difficult to use light tackle when trolling for these guys!? Any tips would be appreciated.

I do alot of spanish, I use 3oz inlines and 12ft 30 lb leaders, with (I like )0 clark spoons. Tight lines Billy K (the little red boat)

Hey sorry I didnt back to ya'll sooner. We use Ugly stiks BWC 1120 6'0 H and Shimano TR 100-G spooled with 15 lb Ande Hi-Vis.Short line #1 planers and longs 3 oz inlines. In 25-35 ft H20 running about 6 knots for spanish and about 3.5 for blues.We run the shorts at 3 bars and longs 6 bars and adjust as we go deeper or in the mud. Leaders conist of (same as Billy) 15-20 ft 30lb with 0 or 00 clark spoons gold on one side and silver on the other. We adjust size and color depending on the bite.When we are NOT running charters I really like the Diawa Ld 20 H reels smaller and in a non level wind reel that I use for everything from spanish, big sharks and cobia to offshore dolphin. Iam not a big typing guy ,but would be happy to meet and show you what we do to anyone interested enough to learn what I have adapted to what has been graciously passed to me over the years.

Todd