Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Sign in to follow this  
shawley

Offshore Jigging Setup

I was in Hatteras last week on vacation and was lucky enough to go out on the Marlin Mania. We stopped and did some jigging which was loads of fun. After researching I see the question has been asked before about jigging setups. I see the Diawa saltist and trevala rods are recommended. Shimano stella and okuma also came up. Anyone heard of Canyon reels? I was wondering if someone could suggest a good setup just one more time.

Thanks,

Shawn

A lot depends on how deep you plan to fish and thus how large a jig you have to use. I currently use a Shimano Terez XX heavy stick and a Diawa Saltist LD50 two speed lever drag reel spooled up with 100 lb Power Pro. I had two of the Offshore Angler jigging rods explode in my hands and I've got two Trevala MH fast action rods, those are fitted with Saltist 50S single speed, star drag reels. Love the Terez though. Don't have any spinning gear, although it is popular for jigging down here.

I like a heavy set up and a light set up as well. Heavy is an Accurate BX-600NN reel on Accurate jigging rod, it can handle heavy jigs and stop big fish. My light is a Saltist 30 on a on a Star XH jiiging rod, nice for medium fish and bottom fishing. My spin tackle is a Saragosa 18000 on 6'9" Shimano Terez, which doubles as a medium jigging and popping outfit. I put 80 lb Daiwa or Tuffline braid on everything. Here's a good link to jigging.

Craig

http://www.360tuna.c...-beginers-4449/

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Craig, that link was awesome man. Lots of good information.

If your looking for prices let me know and I can help you out.

VooDoo

If your looking for prices let me know and I can help you out.

VooDoo

Voodoo, that would be great. I can call or email you.