Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Sign in to follow this  
BJS

Rudee Inlet - 11/23

No luck today, nary a bite. Brother-in-law was using fish bite jigs; I was using cut mullet. Worked all along the jetty on the left side of the "Croatan Inlet" and all along the "metal channel" between the beach and the far rock jetty. At least the paddle boarders and surf boarders were all catching a good ride.

Cheers,

BJS

-

What is the best tackle to use around that area. I just recently returned from deployment and am itching to catch fish

I don't have a boat so I'm stuck to land. I'm taking the striped trip with rudee tours next Saturday but what is the beat areas to fish from land in the va bch area? Been to the sea gull pier and seen people catch them on buckrails and storm lures but I haven't had any luck on either.

Welcome back and welcome to the board! Being land bound puts you at a disadvantage but bucktails tipped with a gulp paddle tail ( or whatever you have to add some action and color) and storms are pretty standard for casters. Carry a couple sizes and colors and switch up - some days it makes a big difference, other days they will bite almost anything. Also don't forget Lynhaven Inlet. A lot of stripers are landed under the bridge lights every year. Good luck on your headboat trip, they should put you on some fish. And if you can round up 2 or 3 friends, consider booking Capt. Todd at Knot Wish'n Charters- he is reasonble, willing to share his knowledge and can put you on some fish for light tackle fun. He is on the sponsor list. And thanks for your service!

I Second Capt Todd, one of the best and some how always catches fish.

If you talk real nice to Capt. Todd he'll pull in so you can grab a Bloody Mary breakfast at Sam's. Of course he can't join you for the Bloody Mary but he'll keep you entertained with a fish story or two. That' a civilized way to run a charter. Capt. Todd's great!

Thanks all for the kind words. I just try my best as all the fine captains listed below. If I can help in anyway let me know. Thank you for your service. You may also look at my open charter thread for a walk-on trip. Merry Christmas!

Capt Todd