Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Sign in to follow this  
VaRandy

BLUE FINN TUNA OFF VIRGINIA BEACH

I understand BFT were sighted off Va Beach yesterday. Story goes that a couple of boats ran into surface feeding fish 200-500 lbs but they were tackle challenged so they didn't want to have stuff torn up. Apparantly, there were a hell of a lot of big fish!

I don't know what the temperature was so if anybody knows, please post to this thread.

We should be able to keep track of these fish now and I am hoping they will make it to me here in Hatteras this year.

Let's keep this thread active throughout the run.

• Like 2

Thanks for the report ...... I'll pin this thread until the run is over!

had a buddy out Saturday out past the Ches Light looking for Bluefin, nothing but stripers, hope the fish your source saw hang around, that would be awesome !....thanks for the info...Bob

I heard they were at the 26 mile hill. That was 3rd party information so who knows. I'm sure with the anticipation of the bft's arrival and the story rolling through the ranks, by the end of the day they will have been sighted at the Rudee Inlet sea buoy.

I heard they were at the 26 mile hill. That was 3rd party information so who knows. I'm sure with the anticipation of the bft's arrival and the story rolling through the ranks, by the end of the day they will have been sighted at the Rudee Inlet sea buoy.

Ken reported he hit 26-mile hill this week and found bluefish .... http://vbsf.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=27279

Heard there are several boats searching this week ..... hopefully some good news coming soon!

THey are here, multiple hookups today and from what I hear at least one has been landed !....Good luck out there, don't forget youi need an HMS permit for landing Tuna, also be sure you are up on current regulations for GBFT. ....

One BFT was landed for sure yesterday. Pic confirming it is the the Reports section of this website. Looks like the fish was ~200 lbs from the size of the fish in the picture.

Hope they plan on staying around and aren't just a migrating school on their way south. Lots of bait around just like last year, so I'm cautiously optimistic that the next few days will have more landings.

Stay safe on the water and Tight Lines!

Patrick