Virginia Beach Fishing

You can support VBSF.net by becoming a GOLD SUPPORTER Today!

Haven't been able to go fishing in awhile with our newborn, I was just curious about the fishing. Hopefully if the weather is decent I might go next weekend.

I just got my orders for the next 3 years to Key West. I'm excited for the fishing down there just don't really know how I'm going to use my heavy heaver down there.

VBSF.net | Fishing Reports From Virginia Beach VA To Hatteras NC 

ITs extremely slow. Was at Seagull from 5am to 9am and the only thing i caught was a mantis shrimp....lol no but really nothing but tiny croakers one every 45mins. We were using crab on my bigger rod and squid on my smaller rod. Today I was near the Willoughby pier, stopped by and asked how it was there, said it was extremely slow too.

I hooked the shrimp threw the tail. Weirdest catch for me so far

1151026_384234955036476_1787151982_n_zps40f7dd6c.jpg

I caught a 34" Striper 2 or 3 years ago that had 2 Mantis Shrimp in the belly, it was around this time of year as well. Perhaps this is a sign for you? Mantis Shrimp/Fake shrimp in the bag...The bigger the better.

Mantis Shrimp are DELICIOUS, take it home and steam it up. Mind their front daggers.... divers call them "thumb-splitters" for a reason