Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Sign in to follow this  
duckey

Blue Cats were hungry today!

Congrats on the new ride, Z- I just picked up an 03 350 blue dually, not lifted but still with the 7.3 diesel so she is a beast. My old one has almost 400K and is still my daily driver but when I found one that looked right out of the showroom with only 103K on it, I had to have her. Many happy trips with your ride, man!

Thanks KD! Those 7.3s are amazing... I saw them for sale, when I bought my old 350, with over 550,000 and still running strong. I just found a killer deal on this gas motor w the lift and had to have it. Shes getting great mpg for 41s too, 12-15mpg.

Thanks for the info. The first time I fished the James I went to that spot you spoke of and laned a 15 lb cat, not a huge one but my biggest so far. The bottom has a nice contour their. I hope to get back on the river soon. I have thought of going up to Deep Bottom, just trying to stay closer to home and save on gas and maximize fishing time.

What's the latest and greatest on the James. I have been traveling for work the past several weeks. I will be headed to the James next Saturday.... my son wants to go fishing on his birthday. Hopefully I can net some fresh bait!

Well I was rained out last Saturday.  It looks like the wheather is starting to turn for the better.  Has anyone been out for Blue Cats in any of the rivers latley?  How about bait...the last time I went out I could not get any in my 100' gill net.  I don't mind sharing info so any would be helpful.

I went for a cruise today from Little Creek to the Chic, saw some Shad jumping as I was going along around the mothballs.

Shad is a good sign. Hoping to go out next weekend with my son on the James, around Jordan Point. Hopefully with these warmer temps the bait will be easier to find.

They have been wearing them out in the chic! My buddy runs a traveling charter down there and got 37 fish in a day last week fish were averaging over 40 pounds, Im not sure of it but it could because a herring run has began

Wow! The Chic has been on my list. Without giving up your buds spots what was the area he was fishing? I launch from the campground right by the bridge. I haven't been for a while now so hopefully next Sunday I can get out. This crap wheather needs to go.