Long Bay Pointe

Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Bunker down

Dump site bouy

Guys I am drawing a blank (absent mind) but where is the dump site bouy? I don't have a chart here at the house and can't find any coordinates online a little help please! Thanks

Somewhere around the 22 fathom finger east of it, I have no chart either, but you can access any chart you need on www.noaa.com just follow the instructions. Hopes that helps. Go to NOAA first, then follow the links to NOS (National Ocean Service) and you can access any chart you need to look at on line. Hope this helps.

I show it on my map at

N36 49.503

w 75 530402

This buoy B  One of three in the dump site

What do they dump out there???

Hey Wade ? Yes it is a yellow bouy but only one of them there now. There is another one about 2 miles ESE and another one off sandbridge about 3 miles south. I think the navy use to dump their but not active anymore. We usually look for sharks and cobia in and around all three of those bouys.

Todd

Wade,

Being the inshore expert I am and knowing the area inside of 3 miles from Cape Henry down to wright memorial...I'm going to concur with the good Captain Todd Beck on the location of the dump site and species surrounding said buoy.....Good luck....I'm sure the CObia and Kings are biting there now, that's based on my long history of inshore fishing the area....yup February is Cobia and Kings....Bob

• Like 1

Bob, want go halfsies on a Cobia Charter out to the dump site?  Not sure if Capt Todd has a Tower, but we can strap a lawn chair on the T-top and take turns sight casting. 

Looking forward to picking your inshore brain!

Erik...I would be glad to share my vast knowledge of chasing Cobia, I'm sure I can give Captain Todd some pointers on the finesse required to chase these Fish....being as they don't put up much of a fight and just die when you put them in the boat, I think we'll have an easy day of it...I think we need to wait until the water temps get above 35, should be soon buddy....Bob