Long Bay Pointe

Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

kayotic

What will you be fishing for in 2014?

First thing I want to catch is a new job that doesn't suck and isn't a million miles away thus I can actually go fishing again.

THEN

I want some speckled trout, have not had a keeper in 2+ years, haven't really tried either, but this year I will.  Then I just want to catch a citation.  I don't care what, but haven't had a citation catch in like, well in Virginia, never.  This year I get it.

It's good to see I'm not alone in planning ahead for the upcoming season and it's nice to see evereyone's goals. Hopefully we'll all be able to reach them and if not, we'll still have our enjoyment of trying.

Andrew, I think targeting stripers may be your best bet for that 6th fish or you can consider targeting the early season migrating big blues that usually come in the surf and inlets.. If all else fails you can always resort to spot and croaker. Just tell us you caught them fishing for bait and we won't judge you, lol.

Peejcj8, don't feel bad. I've been neglecting the cobia the past 8 years to the point I've never even tried. With the spades usually showing up around the piers the same week the schools of cobia come in, they steal my attention.

John, good luck with the job hunt. Hopefully something better will come your way.... This year was slated to be an excellent year for keeper sized specks as the bay and inlets were flooded with 10 to 12 inch fish this past season. Unfortunately we've lost too many to count or even to want to count due to this cold weather. There will be survivors and migrators making enough I think for an average season.

There are lot's of beaches from the Eastern shore barrier islands to False cape that I haven't explored yet. I'll be doing more exploring... and hopefully catching.

I'm gonna target king mackerala bit more and hopefully finally get one. Also gonna work on gettin my daugter her jr angler award. She's 4 and has caught spot and croaker. Hoping to get her a flounder and some spaded and maybe some faal stripers(if they show up). Also more offshore.

We are going to hit the beach hard again this year. I want to get more than one citation. Also I am currently building a fly rod. My hope is to catch a puppy or slot red on it with a fly I tied though I would be ecstatic if I only caught bait fish on it. It's going to be a fun little fight. I can not wait.

This spring and summer I'll be pin rigging for Cobia and Kings.  This fall will be Red Drum.  May be a little sharkin in there sometimes.