Long Bay Pointe

Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

kayotic

What will you be fishing for in 2014?

Just wondering if anybody has any specific species they plan on targeting more than others?

In 2012 I decided I would spend part of the 2013 season fishing for flounder. I ended up catching over 100, definitely not all keepers, but I caught my share with the biggest being 23 inches (it was fun watching everybody complain about the flounder not being here simply because they refused to change their technique and/or lures).

This year I'm going to focus on flounder again, but I'm going to put that same focus on sheepshead, spanish mackerel, spadefish, and pompano.

The way the past couple of Flounder seasons have been, I would like to target 25-29" Flatties from shore, surf, Rudee... That would be fun.

I'm going to target nearshore mahi mahi down here in Wilmington NC. There is a series of limestone ledges @ 10 to 15 miles off of Wrightsville Beach that I hear can hold fish in July and August. I'll drag a combination of chuggers and small ballyhoo off of my 19' Proline CC. I keep my boat in Southport, so I'll either run 10 miles up the Cape Fear River and out through Snows Cut - Carolina Beach Inlet, or I'll run straight out of the Cape Fear and around the shoals. We'll see.  Should be fun on a nice day.

Last year was my first Sheepshead, this year I'm hoping to land Tog, Spadefish, Triggerfish fishing from my kayak around the CBBT. Cobia was my goal last year, but didn't catch any, this year I'll spend a few days anchoring my kayak close to one of the channel markers and just whipping the Bouys. My dad and I are planning an offshore trip again this year with his boat, try and get out to the Hotdog again and try to land more Mahi, and less FA, King Mackerel and a sailfish would be nice too.

my goal that i have set for myself this year is to get my Expert Saltwater Angler award.  That is 6 citations of 6 different species in one year.  possible by boat, pretty hard from pier/shore only.  we will see what happens.

Already #1 - Speckled Trout

Going to try for Shark, Cobia, Red Drum, Black Drum, and the 6th one is up in the air right now....striper?  tog?  not sure yet.  

cross your fingers.

whats up travis, hope your doing well!  need to take you to AI this summer get you on a big one.

Im going to mix things up. I hope to do more freshwater LMB and bream this year, along with puppy drum and specs.  I also neglected Cobia the last few years, going to give them a shot again this year. 

WORLD RECORDS!!! Our waters can offer an angler several shots at world records... this year I will be focused on line class for me and the womens records for the wifey.

when you get that cobia, the rod better be in the pic with her :)