Virginia Beach Fishing

SPONSORS

Long Bay Pointe

Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Don't know of any place on Indian River road….Dockside is the only sure bet I know of.  Local tackle shops around here carry mostly frozen..sometimes they get fresh but not very often. Its usually Dockside or net your own. Maybe someone else reading these post knows of a place other then what I've suggested here...????

Andrew, our biggest were all in the mid thirties...not slobs, but sho'nuff big enough to excite grandkids!

BA

ANDREW,

Nephew fished with me last evening and got his first over 40"er...On LOW TIDE.

BA

ANDREW,

Nephew fished with me last evening and got his first over 40"er...On LOW TIDE.

BA

AWESOME!!!

I fished yesterday at Back Bay from 11-3 pm.  I learned several things.

1.  It is a bad drive for me anytime of a weekday.  2 hours going, 3 coming home.

2.  I am wasting my gas, time and $ going during the middle of a sunny day (I should have known this already).

3.  I don't have the proper gear to succeed in normal conditions there.  Specifically, I need to buy a casting heaver 12' long.  My 10'6" spinning Mojo won't do it.

4.  I couldn't hold bottom with 6oz?

5.  I need to buy a casting net to get my own live bait.

6.  I need a beach cart of some sort, that gear gets heavy and uncomfortable to carry a half-mile or more!

I think the only chances I will get are trying to arrive early am on a saturday or a sunday :-(

Thank you all for your help.

Tight lines to all, go get'em!

I used bunker and finger mullet, but settled for frozen I got at Chesapeake Bait & Tackle.

BA congrats on the fish!

Skunkdoc - Oceans East 2 is goign to be your best bet for bait when coming that way.  you will need to take I64 and the HRBT for this shop though.  they normally have some sort of selection.  they are right off the interestate on North Hampton Blvd.

Fished high tide and out early Sat. Bunker, Mullet, notta....

4 am want to fish beach in Back Bay. Where do I park and walk in that early/late?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the gate at back bay doesn't open until 6am. Sometimes the rangers open the gate a bit early, but for the mos part it's 6am.

When traveling east on I64 through Hampton Va. stop at Rod Father Bait and Tackle and see Captain Ray 720-B Armistead for all your fresh bait and tackle needs. Live crabs, eels, and spot, also fresh bunker, and mullet. 

Thank you Garbageman.  I also thought maybe I would get a cast net and try my hand at catching my own?

I figured the gate at BB would be closed and locked.  I am just wondering where is the closest public area I can park in before they open.  The LIP lot?

Maybe I should also ask, is the public allowed to walk in along the beach before the refuge opens?  Now Im guessing no.