Virginia Beach Fishing

SPONSORS

Long Bay Pointe

Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Yep, the way Andrew describes it is the way my grandkids loose 'em! I always tell folks that we "influence" fish to do what we want them to do. Pulling the wrong angle or too hard is a sure way to lose it!

BA

Fished north sandbridge and the refuge Saturday the 18th. Used cut spot. No drum. Caught one speck trout one blue and one whiting. All less than 8 inches. Tried cut blue for drum too, but got nothing. Maybe next time.

Just my gut feeling but maybe they are done and already south for the most part. I hope I am wrong but...........

Yep, hurricane drove em out to sea. Surf is really dirty now too. Stripers anyone???????????

Even though I said it and I agree I am still going out there Tuesday and Thursday and Sunday in the hopes that "a fish will rise"!

Yes.

Fished Friday night North Sandbridge. NADA.

Saturday.Fished SUNRISE to SUNSET on the refuge with FRESH mullet, fresh blues and changed the bait often. One run all day. Also caught a couple big roundheads, lots of blues, black drum, a gray trout, etc. Wind supposed to be SW/NW all week. Still fish being caught at the CBBT, plus bunches in Lynnhaven, so it ain't over...just need a steady north east wind...For a couple days.

BA

And did anybody else let  Mr.Ranger know about the illegal surfers at the second walkover?  The break was really gnarly, but the surfer dudes were obnoxious....Mr.Ranger's not going to like this,Yogi!!!!

Fished BBNWR Sunday morning and caught a few puppies that were just over the slot. But, I think the big boys have moved on. The spot appears to have moved on as well.

Well, good to hear.

Oh,well....it is either fish BBNWR once more before starting my fall freshwater season, or pack it in. Big catfish should be snappin' up the James. 

But grandson wants to pull on pups one more time. :laughing-smiley-011:

Come on, NE wind!!!

Agree BA there may be a glimmer of hope, but I have nailed em on flat days this time of year too. Bait in the right spot may be the only hope for the next 2 weeks, but tomorrow's blow may bring in some late leavers. I hope.

Okay, I have given myself every chance I could at the refuge with no luck.  Lots of nice pups, but no bulls, never even lucked out with a run.  If there are still any bulls to be had, where and when is my best chance?  Seagull Pier at early morning or night?  Any place that would be worthwhile during the day?