Virginia Beach Fishing

SPONSORS

Long Bay Pointe

Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Mix of luck on Saturday. Man beside us caught 4 drum. Ones we saw were yearlings. We caught one yearling (32") and straightened a hook on another I never slowed down. Down almost to the knot, tightened him up, and WHAMO! drum goes on his way. Also released 74" lemon shark and a sharpie. I use Gamakatsus on ALMOST all my rigs except when I get tired of the kids casting off a bunch. Then I use cheap circles. )THE FISH KNOW WHICH ROD YOU ARE SKIMPING ON!!!!!) :animal-smiley-011:

BA

Yep! Me too. I hate telepathy LOL

Mix of luck on Saturday. Man beside us caught 4 drum. Ones we saw were yearlings. We caught one yearling (32") and straightened a hook on another I never slowed down. Down almost to the knot, tightened him up, and WHAMO! drum goes on his way. Also released 74" lemon shark and a sharpie. I use Gamakatsus on ALMOST all my rigs except when I get tired of the kids casting off a bunch. Then I use cheap circles. )THE FISH KNOW WHICH ROD YOU ARE SKIMPING ON!!!!!) :animal-smiley-011:

BA

Black Adder what I would've given just for a line screamer!  And you know, aside from a single small stingray I have not caught one shark of any size or kind in all my days of fishing out there these past two months.

Only advice I can gve is keep fresh bait in the water, change it often, fish high AND low tide, and so forth. The  lemon shark jumped twice when he hooked up...we estimate he was in two feet or less water. We fish a "close" rod and a "long" rod....all our bites Saturday were on the close rod or big spinning rod.

And we usually fish by ourselves....having an 8 year old as fishing partner means keeping flying lead away from other folks!

BA

Hello Fellows,

I'm salivating reading some of the recent reports and your blogs and can't wait to go down there in the next week or so. I will be mainly doing surf fishing at Duck, NC. Capt. Bell mentioned at her report that the fish will be heading south from VA beach. Since the runs vary, what is the best time in the day to fish on the shorelines? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. I can probably get some bait where Garbageman suggested on my way down.

The Dum bite is usually best at dusk and throughout the night, low to out going tides seem to bring the fish closer to shore to feed. Any time is good though when they are on the migration run, just be there when they are going by. Tight Lines.

SWAN SONG!

This weekends big blow ,with forecasted NE winds could be your chance. It will rain, it will blow....I may or maynot take the kids 'cause we don't want them to miss school with sniffles or whatever. But get yo bait and soak it somewhere!

BA

SWAN SONG!

This weekends big blow ,with forecasted NE winds could be your chance. It will rain, it will blow....I may or maynot take the kids 'cause we don't want them to miss school with sniffles or whatever. But get yo bait and soak it somewhere!

BA

BA

Based on current weather forecast what day would you recommend? Friday before storm with ne winds? Or Saturday during blow?

Ty

Skunkdoc

I am fishing Saturday, mainly because grandkids will be out of school. Need to be doing Halloween stuff Friday night myself, but I would go with Saturday morning. Be content with casting shorter than normal, but thats okay....the fish should be in tight to the beach. If you don't own large storm sinkers, invest in a few...Current and wind drift should be pretty intense.

Also, it is almost time, I think, for one of the BBNWR WEEKEND HUNTS, which prevent us from the beach. Anybody have any info on that?Andrew K usually keeps us abreast of that, but I think he is still out of town.

BA

EDIT: Just checked the BBNWR website and the hunt is over after today, so we are good to go.

Well as luck would have it I can't go until Saturday afternoon around 2-3 and fish to 8 or so. It may very well be unfishable by then. Calling for sustained north winds of 25-30 mph.

I'm still going. If I get lucky and catch one what a story. See you there!