SPONSORS

Long Bay Pointe

Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Skunkdoc

Any good land based striper spots (other than the obvious)

I am wondering if there are any good shore/bank locations I can go to and fish for stripers (and maybe get lucky on trophy size fish too)?  I am looking for ideas besides the tunnels/piers.  Any good bridges, jetties, beachfront or other structures?

I am in Williamsburg, so anything from here to the Ocean is fair game.  No boat, no float, no yak, just sand between my toes and ground beneath my feet.

Thank you

Starting shortly the James River Bridge should be good. Other than that not many other places easily fished from shore for Stripers. CBBT also, Good Luck

Starting shortly the James River Bridge should be good. Other than that not many other places easily fished from shore for Stripers. CBBT also, Good Luck

Isn't the James River Pier closed for demolition and reconstruction?  How does one fish the bridge?

Did not know the pier was being demoed, sorry.

The jetty at Rudee Inlet has a good variety of fish including stripers, Cut mullet, crab or casting lures should do the trick. A good nor' easter corrals the bait fish on the northern jetty and stirs up the sand fleas which are also a good bait to use. Sometimes the bite is in the shore brake, but casting as far as you can as close to the rocks is a good bet. It's always been hit or miss and don't let the conditions fool you.