Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Sign in to follow this  
BLACK ADDER

NC WARMUP!

Fished with grandkids Saturday around several canals,creeks, and rivers (from the bank). Caught nothing (in the rain) until we fished around Moyock, where we caught and released 8 or 10 crappie and big bluegills. All on nightcrawler under bobbers. We were looking for good catfish, but the rain and wet muddy roads kept us out of the off road spots. Oh,well...kids enjoyed fishing in the rain and catching some panfish. ANY guide will tell you, when the customer is happy, it was a GOOD TRIP!!!

Also, we will be out of some of our good haunts in April because of their spring turkey hunt. (We have been almost running over turkeys down there! And the snakes will be skittering around...by May, we hope they have gotten a little more relaxed!!!! No fun watching an eight and a ten year old around poisonous critters...they SORTA watch where they step and where they put their hands, but,well.......)

BA

Fished on the Chowan Saturday by my lonesome . Got three delicious catfish and some big yellow perch. Looking into some more of THAT action this Saturday....

Eels for bait for catfish (small chunks on 4/0 circle hooks) and nightcrawler for perch. Biggest cat was about eight pounds.

And, on another aspect of this same issue, North Carolina SAYS that they have dropped the digoxin advisory and are declaring the Chowan in improved shape...Still, I never eat river bottom feeders over ten pounds, thinking that perhaps they have not collected TOO MUCH kepone,digoxin,mercury, or Obama Campaign Buttons, all of which are DEADLY!

But, fish are snappin' right now!!!

BA

Nobody talkiing freshwater, so I might as well...

Fished Chowan again from the bank Saturday...alone. Caught 10 up to 32".Kept one.

Snow was fun,and a little fire on the riverbank was much appreciated. I carry a portable fireplace in my pickup, which allows me to legally, cleanly have a warming fire.

Those people from Virginia and want to fish lonely waters should think North Carolina. My 30 bucks a year NC license is WELL WORTH IT.

BA

Well, for a change of pace, fished north and east a little. Moyock can be a nice place to go bank fishing with kids, as long as you watch your step. The kids caught 6 bass (2.5-4 lbs) on minnows under bobbers. They got a NC Citation Release bowfin last week. Crappie are biting but slow right now. White perch on the Chowan were good two weeks ago.

We will likely start our saltwater season in mid June, like usual. However, we have been catching so much in the rivers, it might be July or August before we fool with the Sandbridge Scene!

BA