Virginia Beach Fishing

SPONSORS

Long Bay Pointe

Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Short croaker and spot bit well right through falling and low tide Saturday...but nothing seemed to care for them as bait! Did catch one skate and had a couple half-hearted runs, but that was it. Of course, the thunderstorms ran us off the beach just as the tide started coming in. Will pick one night to hit the beach during the week, letting the weather be my guide.

BA

BBNWR yesterday - Friday July 30th

Small spot, small blues, small dogfish from low to high tide.  Not much else, but a beautiful day anyway.

Better day Saturday...fished from 8 am to 8 pm, and once the wind came around to SE, it cleared up,water warmed up and fish warmed up. Caught and released 18 pompano, some spots and roundheads and bluefish, and five sharks: four sharpnose and a six foot and fat sandtiger. And, gosh, those sandtigers are in shallow water! When he hit , he was on the surface thrashing and well inside the sandbars...I would estimate out about fifty feet from waterline. As with all my sandtigers this year, they have hit very slow and subtle, but once you hit 'em, they take off. The subtle bite has been on big baits (half a big roundhead) and I expect they sort of chew on it first.

BA