Virginia Beach Fishing

SPONSORS

Long Bay Pointe

Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Well, just looked at forecast: 15-20 from NE tomorrow. I would push the envelope and go fish BBNWR, except Duck Army Pier has todays water temp at 79*. I think NE wind plus hot water not likely to be conducive to drum, sharks, etc...looks like another "short roundhead" weekend. Look for us around the Chowan.

BA

Now they are saying more like 15-25k...

Another park, another Saturday...

Due to the weather, grandson and I fished Moyock and then North River. He caught about 75 fish, including three NC Citation bluegill, a couple chain pickerel, bass, many catfish, bowfin, and a slew of eating size bluegill/perch.

NOT drum fishing, but the weather had the freshwater fish on the bite. As a venerable old fisherman used to say, "We adjust to what's available."

(I just realized...now I am considered a VENERABLE OLD FISHERMAN! Perhaps vulnerable old fisherman would be more accurate.... :violent-smiley-011:  :violent-smiley-011:  :violent-smiley-011:

BA

• Like 1

And another Saturday of bad weather...

Fished Chowan by myself. Very relaxing to fish alone in semi-bad weather, no one to annoy you...even the fish were polite and hardly bothered me!!!

Caught one very large white perch, four small ones and a bluegill. Had not planned on fishing Chowan so was not well prepared. Only had 9/0 circle hooks (Owners) rigged for drum and 4/0 cheap-o hooks...had about ten big runs Saturday from some of the big catfish ,taking the small live perch or cut bait...could NOT hook them up! My preference is good hooks like Owners or Gammys in 5/0 or 6/0....Oh,well.

Also , the bad weather had loaded the Chowan with timber and debris and I lost about a dozen rigs on hidden stuff in an area that is usually free of stuff...that's what happens when you fish big rivers from the bank, though....

BA

Ditto on the weather...

Went south again and fished Tull's Creek and then North River. Bass really turned on...grandson caught 16 on Beetle Spin by himself, ending the day with @70 fish including catfish, huge bluegills, etc...Very difficult fishing with 8 year old fishing phenom (at least HE thinks so!) and I find myself recalling OTHER phenoms I have fished with in the past (names may occur to you)...just my lot in life. Oh, well.

BA