Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Sign in to follow this  
BLACK ADDER

CAMDEN POINT,N.C.

I fished last week at a new locale near Old Trap N.C.. Fished around a couple spots from the bank...nadda.  Then settled in on a spot, started putting out catfish baits and had on a big girl that I only sort of slowed up a little before she went into a stump field and broke 30 lb test leader. Then caugt two more smaller fish which I gave away. Time spent between cats was spent catching BIG white perch. Also medium--large bluegill, yellow perch, etc. All on nightcrawlers except smallest catfish, which took a chunk of white perch.

Anybody else have experience in this area? If I fish there this Saturday and catch, I think this spot might replace my usual spot on the Chowan, until it gets REAL COLD...(grandson likes me to build a fire when we fish in the 30s and 40s ) Of course, I will get up to Chickahominy, but that spot, while the fish can be huge, can be a bust because of the lack of good fishing spots.

I want to fish around the canals

Thanks for the report BA. 

So much for a sure thing!  Grandson and I fished same spot on Saturday without a bump...Also fished near Tull's Creek and at the North River Game Lands...nadda...had a few bites, but nothing.

Finally got a pair (size 13) RED HEAD snake proof boots. Most comfortable boot I have ever worn. Been in deep, cold water, snow, briars galore, and still comfy. Did see a big moccasin two weeks ago, but haven't been to close (as far as I know) and am not anxious to test them. Grandson wears neoprene RED HEADS which he loves. Anyway, we is fishing through the winter as usual.

BA

Here it is May, and that spot at Camden's Point has turned on again. Caught about 50 white perch from shore on nightcrawlers or beetlespins.

A little PRIDE about to come through here...Eleven year old grandson caught a nice catfish, a bowfin, and a chain pickerel on FLY ROD for the Coinjock Grand Slam....( Had carp busting up all around the area, but he could not hook up for a SUPER GRAND SLAM! (all caught on the natural color Shiner....carefully hooked below a bobber and swimming in a Shiner kind of way!) He is practicing casting flies, but I rigged a couple flyrods for him to get the feel with and he is hooked! Live shiners will give him a good shot at all kinds of stuff....I feel confident he will pitch a bait (perhaps a Pink Nighty? a Shiner?) tomorrow, somewhere.

What have I done to an innocent kid??!!??

BA