Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Sign in to follow this  
BLACK ADDER

NC WHITE PERCH

If you take out a NC non-resident license like I do every year, you might drop down to Mackey Island. Grandson and I caught over forty white perch on Beetlespins from the bank on Monday. We left the spot with the fish still "snappin'" cause grandson wanted a BOWFIN. And my daughter is opening her new professional gym," IRON GYM" in Va. Beach, and so we went on a family pre-opening tour in the afternoon. Not a shabby half day of fishing if you like to throw lures.

A follow-up on NC fishing....Saturday 7/15...

1)Opened at Coinjock where I had a few bites but that's it   2)Powell's Point area -one gar (small) 3) Near Old Trap,NC- one white perch, one roundhead   Thunder chased me back to Va about 3:00 pm...very relaxing day...fish let me alone and able to relax....

When I do these "tours" of different fishing spots like I did Saturday , I might fish 4-8 rods with minnows/ nightcrawlers /lures so I feel that I work an area over pretty thorough before moving on. WATER AND AIR TEMP HOT,FISHING NOT SO MUCH

Sad to reply to your own text! :mellow:

Anyway saltwater season over (except specks) and likely catfish and carp next week end. NC freshwater calls! 

On the other hand, I have gotten two VERY hot tips today, so we will let weather and wind direction dictate.(Which usually means "See you on the beach!" )

N.C. release citation redear sunfish...very fat and near state record.....of course had no scales with me. Caught on canned corn.

Carp bass bluegills CATFISH all in VB....

Thanks for post reports BA.