Virginia Beach Fishing

SPONSORS

Long Bay Pointe

Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

My 11 year old grandson has never caught a drum over 40" and I would like to put him in position for a big girl. I have a few qualifications, though...

1)In Va Beach ,preferably the surf and at Sandbridge, because he has never fished in a crazed crowd of drum fishermen and I would prefer he not be "INITIATED" quite yet.

2)He starts school with all the other kids soon, so nights during the week will be out (per my lovely daughter, his mom)

Any inside information will be appreciated and reciprocated.

BA

If its REALLY juicy, PM me!

BA,

I would stick to Back Bay. It doesn't get so crowded and you can fish untill 30 minutes after sundown. You know most of the guys that fish down there and most are good guys. I don't think there is much difference in the surf from Nags Head all the way up to Dam Neck and Back Bay is as good as any. You don't need to wait untill October they usually start coming through middle to end of September and taper off middle of October. If the bunker schools are in close the drum will be as well.

Good luck.

ISLANDER80 you do exist!  LOL.  me and steve (aka captain ron) were talking about you the other day.  hope you and the family are doing well.

BA i sent you a message

Andrew, thanks for the PM. I didn't post over here but I did on "P&S" about releasing 6 Saturday up to 40" and a big speckled trout,which was delicious. Course, I was by myself.

Grandkids say "hi!".

Chip

On Thursday, September 07, 2017 at 7:02 AM, Andrew K said:

ISLANDER80 you do exist!  LOL.  me and steve (aka captain ron) were talking about you the other day.  hope you and the family are doing well.

Yeah Buddy, I am still around even find some time time to get out. Was down at back Bay all day labor day. Fished with Scott and Melody. Couple of Blues and a pompano, I think BA got all the reds. This weekend looks good but rough. I may give it a go tomorrow. 

On 9/8/2017 at 1:02 PM, Islander80 said:

Yeah Buddy, I am still around even find some time time to get out. Was down at back Bay all day labor day. Fished with Scott and Melody. Couple of Blues and a pompano, I think BA got all the reds. This weekend looks good but rough. I may give it a go tomorrow. 

you have the same cell number?

pier had 25+ this past weekend, 21 of them were citaitons, several were caught off the beach, heard the pier did it again yesterday with a bunch of fish.  i know of 6 caught off the beach.  seems like an early push...

Well, hope to be on the beach early tomorrow. It is always interesting to see what the beach looks like.I suspect today it will be grassy and dirty. Maybe there is a new sluice and grandson and I will be first to fish it....

BA