Virginia Beach Fishing

You can support VBSF.net by becoming a GOLD SUPPORTER Today!

Sign in to follow this  
BLACK ADDER

How about SURF CAUGHT STRIPERS?

It has been a few years since striper fishing was good from the surf locally. I remember well, when stripers rebounded back in the nineties, taking a limit from the surf  consistently. Now it has been a couple years since I have caught stripers at all, and they were freshwater or way back up in the rivers.

I know how much local anglers LOVE keeping secrets, so I am wondering if you all are ,maybe, catching but not reporting. It seems a shame to have striped fish around Va,Beach , where me and the grandkids can get to them, without scratching a few ourselves.

Anyway, we love checking out RUMORS, SECOND-HAND REPORTS, and WILD FANTASIES so give us a break (and a clue).

Merry Christmas!

BA

VBSF.net | Fishing Reports From Virginia Beach VA To Hatteras NC 

Not from the surf, but from my sis' dock in Princess Anne Hills (Rainy Gut?) on the fly rod with chartreuse clouser 3 days ago - missed a 2nd after a brief fight.  Both we're in ~5# range.  Hope to find a few this evening at sunset.

Merry Christmas to all!

-b

IMG_20171222_154842.jpg

Great catch on the Christmas day. We're planning a few trip before the month ends, just need to finish the installation of anew set of tires and ion wheels on the truck. We're excited.