Virginia Beach Fishing

You can support VBSF.net by becoming a GOLD SUPPORTER Today!

customerprices

Your ideal fishing boat inshore/offshore capable

Hello Fellow Anglers,

I am looking to upgrade my outfit. My current boat does not offer me offshore capablities.. I would like to hear some suggestions from any of you as to what your ideal fishing boat would be, realistically... I want to stick around the less than 25 foot range... High Speed is not real important, its at least gotta do 35 knots or so.. Mostly I want a comfortable riding, able to handle some seas, and most of all an excellent fishing platform, with a sweet live bait well. Im not looking to go for budget, but Im not looking for the Top Dollar either.. Something to get me offshore for oh say some monster shark fishing... Makos, Threshers, Billfish, Tuna, or in the bay for some comfortable, shaded cobia fishing, and pilon fishing for rockfish. I got a 18 foot hydra sport center console now with no T-Top...Needless to say after a day of cobia fishing Im baked... So Im looking to trade this baby in, up my fishing game, and spend some more time on the water... Fuel efficiency is important too.. Believe it or not, I can run my hydra sport from Cobbs, to the L.C. Buoy for bait, then to the first island, fish the pilings for say a few hours or so in clutch around with motor running, and make it back home on $15-20 of gas, todays prices... $2.99 a gallon or so, plus maybe a quart of 2 cycle. gotta love that 115 evinrude ficht engine.. its slow getting out of the whole on the 18', but it gets up to 35 or so on a plane, and doesnt burn sh&* for gas! Anyways, any suggestions on your ideal boat to fit my needs are extremely appreciated. Currently looking at a parker... Like the deep V.. Thoughts please....... Thanks again! :food-smiley-015::fishing4:

VBSF.net | Fishing Reports From Virginia Beach VA To Hatteras NC 

Carolina Classic 25 foot with big Yanmar big diesel. I don't own one; I own an older Wellcraft.

The new 26ft albemarle looks to be a good boat, i saw one out at the cbbt and it looked to be a nice boat with plenty of fishing space. All albemarles ride good so you should have a problem with that. but i dont own one. Im just lookin at the 28' express.

NICK

I have done my homework over and over....the 23.5 ft c-hawk is THE boat to have. Uncle and cousin both have one. I will also have one within the next couple of years. These boats are absolutely bulletproof. I could rave about it for pages. Just take a look at this link for the 23.5 ft center console....c-hawk Aside from the boat being amazing take notice of the transom....this boat looks bad to the bone with a 250 outboard bracketed on! PERFORMANCE & LONGEVITy.....

That 28 Southport like Bob's would be my first choice, perhaps in the express model. Buddy Davis and Jarrett Bay both make a sweet 27 or 28 foot CC, but second would be a 25 Grady White Sailfish with twin outboards. All are out of my price range though.

If you really wnt to get custom call Nelva Capps he can build one, nothing rides better than a shaft driven screw.I fish in skinny water so I prefer an outboard but if you only go offshore........

I own a C-Hawk and it's a good boat. I have to say though, if I were in the market for a bay/in-shore boat and could afford it, I would be looking in one of three directions: Grady White, Boston Whaler, or those cat things which I am told are super sea worthy. Engine wise, I would not even consider anything but Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki or other Rice Burner 4 strokes. And don't buy one when you can buy two at "only" twice the price. Two gives you an extra measure of insurance off shore. Just my two cents worth.

I think the best of both world is truly the 23 or 25 seacraft, I don't have one but Mega does, and my dad does (donna sea), I have spent a lot of hours on it off-shore, and in some rough seas. It is a dream ride and easy to manage alone. I have a 24 seapro it is a great boat in-shore, there are a lot of great off shore boats; however, I think the seacraft covers both better than most.

I would put my vote in for the Gradywhite 232 gulfstream. It's got a 9.5' beam and more cockpit space than most boats in that size range. I was on a brand new one this winter and didn't like it as much, though. They seem to have stretched out the cabin and shrunk the cockpit in the current version.