Long Bay Pointe

Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

customerprices

Your ideal fishing boat inshore/offshore capable

I have a Glacier Bay Catamaran and love it. I have the 2640sx Renegade that is a good mix between family fun cruising and fishing. If you want all fishing, the 2665 Canyon Runner is great. If you go on their website glacierbaycats.com/records.html they have an article about running one from Lynnhaven Marina to Bermuda.

There is but one Choice .... MAKO !!!!! Stirkes fear in the hearts of fish!!

BEWARE OF THE CHUPPACABRA !!!!!!!!!!

24 albe or 25 carolina classic. plenty of used ones out there and a hull design that has been proven.

Personally i hate i/o's but there isnt alot in the 24/25 ft range with inboards. Outboard are great but they just burn more fuel even the 4 strokes.

downsides:

Albe are wet at the transom/scuppers leak back in.

slow if you get a small block your talking 24 cruse and 34 ish top speed.

( note if you get a big block your fast and wet)

terrible at slow troll (rockfish) i have to drag two 5 gal buckets

roll a lot under drift

up sides.

24 rides like a 28

great boats for the price

handle extremely rough water very well.

the look great.

wanna buy mine?

Thanks for all the suggestions. So many sweet ass boats I dont even know where to start. I guess a good place is motors and I know I wanna stick with some outboards, cause I too enjoy fishing the 'skinny'. Does anyone on here venture offshore with just a single outboard? Todays newer motors are pretty reliable, eh? You think its worth risking it? Sure would cut down on gas right...Appreciate all the replys.

:food-smiley-004::fishing4:

Sure many folks venture well offshore on one eng. They buddy up with others for safety and hopefully have Sea Tow who will bring you back if required. A good VHF/ GPS, and reliable equipment should be standard if you are considering it though, along with a long list of other items that I want get into. Remember, it's the little things often overlooked that get most folks stranded like reliable batteries, fuzes, fuel, basic tools, and that quart or two of oil your engine needs to make the long trip back. I remember hearing someone begging for 2 cycle oil more than once last year. I think the going rate is about 20.00 a quart at the canyon....

outboard= yamaha, yamaha, yamaha!!! i have a close family member who once referenced a certain american brand saying they had great service and the parts were cheap...hint: starts with an M, ends in a ERCURY...makes no sense, my motto...BUY BULLETPROOF equipment....period, can't afford it now, save, get it later...good idea for reassurance- head to any waterman community and take notice of what the guys are investing in these days...mostly yamaha, honda, and a few suzikis....of course you'll see plenty of "ol faithfuls" that have been on their last leg for a decade....but i am talking about the newer purchases...sidenote- in my defense though, there is nothing cooler than a well kept johnson from the 60s/ 70s...

Tell you what I cant afford one but saw several cats out on the water today and they look like a smooth ride they just cut the water.

Guest woody2

gotta put my plug in for the Parkers. I have a 2520xl pilot house with a yamaha 225 4 stroke on it. very nice riding boat, unbelievable workmanship and outright comfortable. I have owned a 24 and a 27 albemarle so i know a good solid boat, and i feel this parker will give them a run for the money. also, i am getting too old to put up with spray in the face, and like the idea of the pilot house to get out of the winter wind striper fishing. oh yea ... realistic economy, the 225 4 stroke burns 12 gph (on a flowscan) at 4800 rpm, and that is a 25 knot push. (just a bit better than the 22 gph we got on the albe 27 pushing 20 knots ... dual 260HP inboard gas).

but, boats are like anything else out there ... you are the one that needs to be happy with it. my advice is to ride on as many different boats as you can, so you can get the feel of the different hulls and really figure out the layout and features that you want.

good luck ... bo

The last paragraph that woody2 is the best advice anybody gave you hook up and ride on as many boats you can to find out what you realy like. I thought that I wanted a center console till I went out on one. Don`t get me wrong my budies boat is a nice boat just not right for me. I think any boat that can get you out to the fish and back is a good boat good luck on your search.