Long Bay Pointe

Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

customerprices

Your ideal fishing boat inshore/offshore capable

Hey. just throwin another 2 cents in, woody...Parkers are amazing boats as well....you could take tours of all of Parker's line and all of C-hawk's line and wonder if they were actually built by different people. They both...and a few others are originally work boats....evolved. Great boats!!! Parker's bay series is bad ass!! Uncle has one.....Uses it for Oystering and Stripering on the Potomac....

I have a Glacier Bay Catamaran and love it. I have the 2640sx Renegade that is a good mix between family fun cruising and fishing. If you want all fishing, the 2665 Canyon Runner is great. If you go on their website glacierbaycats.com/records.html they have an article about running one from Lynnhaven Marina to Bermuda.

i have the same boat but am a little underpowered. what do you run and some performance numbers?

There have been some great boats mentioned,but I really like the 29 pilothouse by everglades. 110 gal out and back at 35 knots and room for 3 inside.Fish all the way around and drafts shallow. 225 Hondas pushing. Has a hughe live well and tackle center.I hope I never have to find out different but they claim it won't sink. It ain't the fasted or the smoothest but it's a fishing machine.

Jamie

If you never want to get stranded at the Tower, you can't beat an '84-'89 Bayliner Capri with an 85 hp Force outboard.

Of course, you can't beat it because you won't get out the inlet...

Seriously, though, all of the boats mentioned are fine examples, but it really depends on your budget and the type of fishing you will do. Make some choices and then do some sea trials.

And get the unlimited towing contract !! You only need to use it one to pay for itself for 4-5 years.

Yep thats the one I want also. Boat mooch!! Incredible gas milage, and you get to fish the whole time your underway!! I know a few that have these models. Heard they are pretty dependable also. :running-man:

That's me Capt. Scott and Capt. Keith! A Boat Mooch Extrordinare! LOL! Seriously, what I've found is that for what it cost me to operate a private boat in offshore waters, I could charter a much bigger boat and fish 6 or 8 times a year in the prime seasons to fill my freezer and come out money ahead. Now what I do miss about not owning a boat is the satisfaction that comes with putting other people on the fish. Watching a kid crank in his first white marlin or watching a big bluefin make a grown man cry can be very rewarding, as I'm sure you're aware. I'll own another boat, but one of reasonable size. 20' to 23' would be about right. And quite possibly a Grady White. I've come full circle as far as fishing. I started out as a bottom bouncer then dragged the deep for a long time now I'm back where I started. Flounder and grouper will be my prime targets down here. Reds and specs on the piers and in the surf will get some attention too. I'm looking forward to it. Tight lines!

I own a 26' SOUTHPORT..............ENOUGH SAID.

Look at a Sailfish in the 26 foot range. Great ride and it will get back and forth on very little gas. When your in one it seems bigger than the advertized length.

VooDoo