Virginia Beach Fishing

You can support VBSF.net by becoming a GOLD SUPPORTER Today!

Sign in to follow this  
Al Pal

Best place to launch for Monitor - Merrimac

Planning on bringing my son and a friend down from Richmond Sat evening. Haven't decided yet between M&M and the CBBT but a knowlegeable source is liking the M&M. Where is the closest good launch ramp for M&M access if someone is coming down 64? Any help would be appreciated. I would love to put these 14 yr olds onto some fish even if they're just schoolies or blues.

VBSF.net | Fishing Reports From Virginia Beach VA To Hatteras NC 

Planning on bringing my son and a friend down from Richmond Sat evening. Haven't decided yet between M&M and the CBBT but a knowlegeable source is liking the M&M. Where is the closest good launch ramp for M&M access if someone is coming down 64? Any help would be appreciated. I would love to put these 14 yr olds onto some fish even if they're just schoolies or blues.

wiloughby is fairly close to the m&m and you got the hampton roads bridge tunnel right there too which is usually a good place for some stripers,blues. spots, and an ocasional flouunder

Guest fishin

wiloughby is fairly close to the m&m and you got the hampton roads bridge tunnel right there too which is usually a good place for some stripers,blues. spots, and an ocasional flouunder

Peterson's Yacht Basin in Newport News is the closest. But I wouldn't want to be down there after dark.

Wiloughby and the ramp by Bluewater on Sunset Creek are about the same distance. Wiloughby is on the Norfolk side, the other is on the Hampton side.

If you are looking for a lot of action for the boys.I'd go to the Hampton tunnel. We have had exellent luck catching schoolies at night on the out going tide 16"-23"using bucktails,top water,and small jigs.

Huntington Park in Newport News (at the base of the James River Bridge) also is a great place to go. I would however, go out of Willoughby and fish the HRBT as previously stated and go to the MMBT if you can't get something to bite there.

I'm bringing me 9 year old down also. Once I exit at the Whiloughby exit where is the ramp? It will be bad enough if I cant find the fish :blush:

Go left and the ramp is about a block down on the right side at the bend in the road to. Look for the big american flag it is in the parking lot.