Virginia Beach Fishing

You can support VBSF.net by becoming a GOLD SUPPORTER Today!

saltwaterphil

Evinrude E-Tec 200hp

I'm thinking about repowering my 27ft w/ a pair of E-Tec 200s any comments pro or con. I have never been on a boat powered by this new engine so I'm blind as far as proformance etc. Thanks

VBSF.net | Fishing Reports From Virginia Beach VA To Hatteras NC 

I fish with a buddy of mine that has one, runs great, it's the quietest outboard motor I've ever seen.

We are running an E-Tec 40hp on a 20?Carolina Skiff. It?s about the quietest outboard I have heard, also maintenance free. They say you don?t have to touch the motor for 3 years, which I believe. The only thing we have done is change out the lower unit oil just to make sure there wasn?t any water. If you need to winterize your motor for any reason it does it itself, you just have to run through a few steps and it turns itself off when its done. Can?t ask for much more out of an outboard!

I currently have twin Johnies and the 200 ETEC's are my next repower. I'm waiting to get one more season out of the Johnson's and I'm currently keeping up on the latest reviews of the new motor.

Tight Lines

Sinclair

:usaflag:

They will also idle about 5 hours on a gal of gas per engine. No breakin required. No scheduled maintainence for 300 hrs. of three years. Can run 5 hrs slow if oil pump quits. And now they have choice of $ 4.00 per HP rebate or 7 year warranty or 42" plasma TV. Come by and I'll start one up in the showroom for you. 2 Stroke Ron 757-397-3451

Hey Ron

If I already own an E-tec can I still get the 7 year warrenty? When I bought I only got the 3 year.

FISHWATER,

Only 3 of the 7 year warranty is factory. You can purchase the same extended warranty for your E-Tec's. Because your motor is still under factory warranty you can buy it direct. Here is the contact information.

Protective Marine

1-800-328-8690

Here is a link:

http://www.protective.com/dealerservicesmarine2.asp?id=203

Click on the right side for a brochure.