Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Sign in to follow this  
fishinmuch

Lake Bradford

Fished lake bradford today during mid-day. i caught a 2 lbs bass and my buddy caught a chain pick. We were trying for crappie using small shiners. If anyone has any info on the lake i would love to here it.

Where is Lake Bradford? I am a big Saltwater fisherman but also love to catch freshwater fish. How big are the bass usually and are there cats? Sorry for all the ?'s. :animal-smiley-077:

Fished lake bradford today during mid-day. i caught a 2 lbs bass and my buddy caught a chain pick. We were trying for crappie using small shiners. If anyone has any info on the lake i would love to here it.

Ive had good luck on lake bradford just using the old fashioned worm n bobber, the past month on warm days i have been fishing off my friends dock, caught LOTS of crappie, anywhere from 1-4 pounds, some cat fish, pirch, and those darm turtles which i cant stand, BUT i have yet to catch a bass outta there. Yesterday someone gave me a 12ft jon boat, so tomorrow i plan on going all over the lake and seeing what i come up with. im from up north and still new to the fishing down here, so any info would be greatly appricated

I lived on that base for a year when I was a kid. There used to be a Boy Scout camp on an island in the center of the lake. The bridge going to the island was an excellent spot for bass and crappie. They would lay in wait on the down current side of the bridge, and ambush bait as it was pushed through the gap. I used live shiners and nightcrawlers most of the time, but crankbaits/shad imitations used to do well. And there are some big cats and carp in there as well. Good luck.

Ive had good luck on lake bradford just using the old fashioned worm n bobber, the past month on warm days i have been fishing off my friends dock, caught LOTS of crappie, anywhere from 1-4 pounds, some cat fish, pirch, and those darm turtles which i cant stand, BUT i have yet to catch a bass outta there. Yesterday someone gave me a 12ft jon boat, so tomorrow i plan on going all over the lake and seeing what i come up with. im from up north and still new to the fishing down here, so any info would be greatly appricated

Welcome to the site. :action-smiley-033:

same here went right before the storm hit over the weekend, my buddy got his kayak finally, so we took his kids out and using med shiners he caught i'd say a 16" chainy and i had a good 2 lb. crappie up to my yak when he/she laughed at me and spit the hook out! i almost dived in. tried pleasure house lake yesterday and a big ol' skunk was in our favor. i've been fishing bradford for about 10 yrs. and largest bass was 8 lbs. off a bomber 4a crankbait. :yak1: if anyone sees a red yak followed by a tan one thats me and my buddy.