Bait & Tackle

Fiberglass Repair

Long Bay Pointe

Marina 

Rudee Head Boats

Sign in to follow this  
JBone

How much does a fishing charter boat captain make

Does anyone know about how much a charterboat captain makes on average in one year? Nothing fancy. Not billfish or anything, just if you take people offshore within 100 miles for bottom fish and game fish. I ask because I am interested in purchasing a charterboat in a couple of years and moving down to Florida. I estimate around $100,000 a year. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know about how much a charterboat captain makes on average in one year? Nothing fancy. Not billfish or anything, just if you take people offshore within 100 miles for bottom fish and game fish. I ask because I am interested in purchasing a charterboat in a couple of years and moving down to Florida. I estimate around $100,000 a year. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

We do it not so much for the money, but because we can get paid to do what we love. We will sacrifice sleep, food, fancy cars and clothes, and for some of us, wives....just to be on the water. For most of us, we won't die rich, but we will die happy. If you make enough to support your fishing addiction, be satisfied.

Nothing, thanks to the Bush administration diesel is $2.80 / gal.

I think if there was a democrat pres. fuel would be pushing the $5 range. last time they were there interest rates went to about 15% prime rate.

Nothing, thanks to the Bush administration diesel is $2.80 / gal.

I think if there was a democrat pres. fuel would be pushing the $5 range. last time they were there interest rates went to about 15% prime rate.

OH GREAT Politics! :smilie_help:

Yeeeeeeeppppppppppp sure did