Virginia Beach Fishing

VBSF.net | Fishing Reports From Virginia Beach VA To Hatteras NC 

:shark_smiley: live in midlothian i have a 22ft cc prosport with a 225, i usually keep it in hampton but currently in my yard i am looking to go out if anyone needs another person aboard i am willing havent done any striper fishing yet , or if someone wants to show me a little about rock fishing i am willing to launch my boat fully rigged and equiped except radar , JUST LOOKING FOR A LITTLE LEARNING EXPERICENCE, THANKS, YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT REELDAZE9@AOL.COM Edited by REEL DAZE

How about?

Are the Flounder still in season and what is the size limit?

Followed by the arguements over whether or whether they are or not in season?

:fishing4:

:hard_smiley:

Thanks for the input it is greatly appreciated. I really dont know anyone yet so i dont think im going to be able to get phone numbers though. I need to start going to the meet and greets instead of fishing when they are going on. For my first year of salwater fishn i do have to say though you guys have gave me so much info and good advise its made a very fun first saltwater year. thanks and looking forward to even better next year.

stacy

I am always entertained by the guy at the 4A (or anywhere for that matter) that is out there by himself, getting bored by not catching any fish, and jumps on the radio with a frantic voice that he's just had a triple hookup, then sits back and watches as the whole fleet racing at him.

Hey, but if we didn't enjoy it...we wouldn't do it!! 16 hours till the games begin!!!

Guest bcboe

It's gonna be a normal season.

Just like Sat night at the ramp at lesner. Guys sitting on the ramp jaw jacking and then blocking the road. You can't win just have to grin and bear it

Me and Paul did have a good nith though a 38 and 39 both fatties

Bob :vbsf_th:

Ocean Season is the only thing funnier than me !! I think it's great of all the Anglers who take sick kids and nuns out fishing for their first stripers. The guys in the bass boats, 16ft Skiffs, Pontoon boats, jet ski's etc etc. I like the guys in Ski boats with rod holders nailed to the transom. False reports.. false Bee Hives ( hot fries work good for that ). People that slam into the side of you boat when you try to give them ballons, and don't even say sorry. Changing out all your rigs when you have not had a bite in the last 15 seconds. The Flight of the Valkyries, Shot gunning beers, and the Julie Ball song !!! i love striper season !!!-Captn Fatbeard :angry-smiley-013:

Hey, I go out in my 17' skiff! I am officially OFFENDED! Do I win a prize for being offended? :P And what exactly is the Julie Ball song?!?

BTW, I'll sneak a report in on this thread - 1st citation of the year came in the wee hours this morning. 6 lb 3 oz. yellowmouth. I'll get the official weight later when I take it in.

This thread is so funny yet O so true. This is why we choose to still fish the bay in January. We live on an inland lake 270 miles from the coast and just want to come reel in some slobs. We had the best day of our lives last year with 42 fish and only one below 40" in the bay Jan. 13th. With 6 release citations letting them go was a pleasure and we were all alone. The CBBT looked like a ghost town. I think the EEZ is like shopping the day after thanksgiving. You know what it's going to be like so if you go your a contributor to it. If you bitch about it you are the soul of it's heartbeat.

Hey, I go out in my 17' skiff!  I am officially OFFENDED!  Do I win a prize for being offended? :P  And what exactly is the Julie Ball song?!?

BTW, I'll sneak a report in on this thread - 1st citation of the year came in the wee hours this morning.  6 lb 3 oz. yellowmouth.  I'll get the official weight later when I take it in.

You are ok in your 17 footer, I hear you have to have your pants specially tailored because of the size of your stones !!